Tara's Trip photos

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 17, 2001
      I've finally got my photos for my recent trip to paris up at the site,
      including shots from the Musee de la Mode's latest Exhibit:
      http://www.costumes.org/pages/paris2001.htm
    • jlc5f@virginia.edu
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 17, 2001
        Wow -- love the hats! but I have one question ...

        How friendly is excessively friendly? ROFL

        -- Jean

        --- In CostumeHistoryClass@y..., "Tara Maginnis" <Tara@c...> wrote:
        > I've finally got my photos for my recent trip to paris up at the
        site,
        > including shots from the Musee de la Mode's latest Exhibit:
        > http://www.costumes.org/pages/paris2001.htm
      • Sandy Snowden
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 17, 2001
          Thanks for sharing the photos. It was especially great to see the finer details on some of the costumes and paintings. Great ideas
          there! I am glad you had a good time. Perhaps I can get across the channel sometime to see some of this!

          Sandy Snowden
          Bracknell, UK

          Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:44:12 -0000
          From: "Tara Maginnis" <Tara@...>
          Subject: Tara's Trip photos

          I've finally got my photos for my recent trip to paris up at the site,
          including shots from the Musee de la Mode's latest Exhibit:
          http://www.costumes.org/pages/paris2001.htm
        • Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 18, 2001
            jlc5f@... wrote:

            > Wow -- love the hats! but I have one question ...
            >
            > How friendly is excessively friendly? ROFL

            It involved grabbing of certain of our body parts, usually considered
            off limits to persons of short acquaintance, as well as an offer of a
            "threesome" for "coffee", and much more... (!!!!!!!!!!!)

            We declined, politely.

            ----Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer/Associate Professor
            Chair of the Theatre Department of University of Alaska Fairbanks
            Website: "The Costumer's Manifesto" at http://www.costumes.org
          • proth10698@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 21, 2001
              Hi Tara and everyone,
              Loved the photo's. Thanks for putting them all on the site to be seen.
              Despite that rather forward tourist (can't believe *anyone* was still smiling
              after that) it looks like you guys had a great time.   The big question is,
              did you get to touch and look inside any of the clothing?  It drives me nuts
              when I can't touch the stuff!
              Pat
            • Tara Maginnis, Ph.D., Costume Designer
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 21, 2001
                proth10698@... wrote:

                > Hi Tara and everyone,
                > Loved the photo's. Thanks for putting them all on the site to be seen.
                >
                > Despite that rather forward tourist (can't believe *anyone* was still
                > smiling
                > after that) it looks like you guys had a great time. The big
                > question is,
                > did you get to touch and look inside any of the clothing? It drives
                > me nuts
                > when I can't touch the stuff!
                > Pat

                No, no touchy feely on the costumes, but I found the touchy feely
                tourist quite amusing. It isn't often that two 40 something ladies get
                invited into such adventures! We were laughing ourselves silly after we
                politely sent him off...