4fashion history/audit

  • Sandy Snowden
    Jan 1, 2001
      I am interested in the history of fashion because I am intrigued by
      the development of the costumes. Sometimes it is obvious that climate
      or practical use contributed largely to what people wore. But, why
      did some of the extremes of fashion come into use? (What made people
      conceive of things like wheeled farthingales, let alone wear them?)
      As a sewist, I am also very interested in the construction of
      historical costumes. I find it interesting to discover the techniques
      of putting the clothing together, and how various ways of fastening
      garments developed.

      Sandy Snowden
      Bracknell, UK