Costume-Cons 29 & 30

  • von_drago
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 3, 2009
      Are there any web pages or online links for these 2 CCs?
      I'm updating our chapter calendar & can't find any info.

      Nora
    • Dora Buck
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 3, 2009
        I have talked to someone to help me but so far no luck.  I will continue to bug.  I know the necessity to have one yesterday.

        Dora

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 4, 2009
          Maybe you could at least post the dates and a basic contact email on some of the lists? Here, ICG-D wherever.
          That way people can contact you.

          I'd be happy to spread the basic info to the lists I'm on.

          Nora
          --- In CostumeCon@yahoogroups.com, Dora Buck <dfaybuck@...> wrote:

          > I have talked to someone to help me but so far no luck.  I will continue to bug.  I know the necessity to have one yesterday.
          >
          > Dora
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Ricky & Karen Dick
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 4, 2009
            30 doesn't exist yet--trying to get something rudimentary up Real Soon Now. Still too far out to nail down a hotel, and because of that, dates are not set, although I am aiming for the weekend of April 13-14-15-16 in order to (1) avoid Easter, (2) avoid National Haunters Convention (that I also attend), (3) put lots of space between my con and Balticon in hopes of not impacting Balticon's masquerade too seriously.

            I thought Dora had someone working on 29's site--I'll drop her an email and see if I can get a link for both of us.

            --Karen

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 4, 2009
              And Dora, if you have fliers or something, send me one, and I'l put it up on the Costume-Con.com web page.

              That's all CC27 had for quite a while, but it at least had prices, contact info, dates, hotel, etc.

              --Karen
              Maybe you could at least post the dates and a basic contact email on some of the lists? Here, ICG-D wherever.
              That way people can contact you.

              I'd be happy to spread the basic info to the lists I'm on.

              Nora
              --- In CostumeCon@yahoogro ups.com, Dora Buck <dfaybuck@.. .> wrote:

              > I have talked to someone to help me but so far no luck.  I will continue to bug.  I know the necessity to have one yesterday.
              >
              > Dora
              >

              > ____________ _________ _________ __

            • Judy Mitchell
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 4, 2009
                von_drago wrote:
                > Maybe you could at least post the dates and a basic contact email on some of the lists? Here, ICG-D wherever.
                > That way people can contact you.
                >
                > I'd be happy to spread the basic info to the lists I'm on.
                >
                > Nora

                And I can post it onto the Costume-Con livejournal list as well.

                -Judy Mitchell
              • Dora Buck
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 5, 2009
                  Thank you,

                  Costume Con 29
                  April 29 to May 2, 2011
                  Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
                  Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

                  Dora Buck, Con Chair
                  cell phone 973-220-6293

                  Maybe you could at least post the dates and a basic contact email on some of the lists? Here, ICG-D wherever.
                  That way people can contact you.

                  I'd be happy to spread the basic info to the lists I'm on.

                  Nora

                  --- In CostumeCon@yahoogro ups.com, Dora Buck <dfaybuck@.. .> wrote:

                  > I have talked to someone to help me but so far no luck.  I will continue to bug.  I know the necessity to have one yesterday.
                  >
                  > Dora
                  >

                  > ____________ _________ _________ __

                • Pierre & Sandy Pettinger
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 5, 2009
                    Pooh! Means we have to miss Demicon again. Oh, well. Can't avoid
                    all conflicts.

                    P & S

                    At 01:03 PM 6/5/2009, you wrote:

                    >Thank you,
                    >
                    >Costume Con 29
                    >April 29 to May 2, 2011
                    >Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
                    >Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
                    >
                    >Dora Buck, Con Chair
                    ><mailto:dfaybuck@...>dfaybuck@...
                    >cell phone 973-220-6293

                    "Those Who Fail to Learn History
                    Are Doomed to Repeat It;
                    Why They Are Simply Doomed."

                    Achemdro'hm
                    "The Illusion of Historical Fact"
                    -- C. Y. 4971

                    Andromeda
                  • von_drago
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 6, 2009
                      And I'll be at CC for my birthday again.
                      I expect cake & prezzies.

                      Nora
                      --- In CostumeCon@yahoogroups.com, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger <costumrs@...> wrote:

                      > Pooh! Means we have to miss Demicon again. Oh, well. Can't avoid
                      > all conflicts.
                      >
                      > P & S
                      >
                      > At 01:03 PM 6/5/2009, you wrote:
                      >
                      > >Thank you,
                      > >
                      > >Costume Con 29
                      > >April 29 to May 2, 2011
                      > >Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
                      > >Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
                      > >
                      > >Dora Buck, Con Chair
                      > ><mailto:dfaybuck@...>dfaybuck@...
                      > >cell phone 973-220-6293

                    • Dora Buck
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 6, 2009
                        you got it.  Kathy Draves birthday is also that weekend

                        And I'll be at CC for my birthday again.
                        I expect cake & prezzies.

                        Nora

                        --- In CostumeCon@yahoogro ups.com, Pierre & Sandy Pettinger <costumrs@.. .> wrote:

                        > Pooh! Means we have to miss Demicon again. Oh, well. Can't avoid
                        > all conflicts.
                        >
                        > P & S
                        >
                        > At 01:03 PM 6/5/2009, you wrote:
                        >
                        > >Thank you,
                        > >
                        > >Costume Con 29
                        > >April 29 to May 2, 2011
                        > >Hilton Hasbrouck Heights
                        > >Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
                        > >
                        > >Dora Buck, Con Chair
                        > ><mailto:dfaybuck@ ...>dfaybuck@ ...
                        > >cell phone 973-220-6293

                      • Sarcasm Hime
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 6, 2009
                          Rather early I know, but just wondering...

                          I was thinking of doing some kind of kimono-related thing for next CC; would people prefer a presentation on the history and styles of kimono, or a how-to-dress workshop (people could bring their own kimono/yukata and I'd have some extras to try on), or both?

                          -- Maral

                        • MD Smith
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 7, 2009
                            Re: [CostumeCon] Japanese clothing at CC29 YES! To both questions! I’ll pull my kimonos out of the “give away” pile for that!

                            Mary-Denise
                            Washington DC

                          • CC2010Milw@cs.com
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 7, 2009
                              Posted by: "Dora Buck" dfaybuck@... dfaybuck

                              Sat Jun 6, 2009 3:10 pm (PDT)

                              you got it. Kathy Draves birthday is also that weekend

                              Do we need to have contact for "Is your Birthday during Costume-Con?"

                              Henry W. Osier
                              Chairman, Costume-Con 28
                              May 7 to May 10, 2010
                              www.CC28.org
                            • CC2010Milw@cs.com
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 7, 2009
                                Maral,
                                       Do you mean CC28? Are you volunteering to moderate such a panel? I know there are other Japanese clothing aficionados in the area.

                                Henry W. Osier
                                Chairman, Costume-Con 28
                                May 7 to May 10, 2010
                                www.CC28.org

                                PS I really need to get my Zatoichi outfit together!
                              • Sarcasm Hime
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jun 7, 2009
                                  Ah clearly I can't count.  Yes, I meant next year so CC28.

                                  I'd be happy to run it unless somebody else really wants to do it...I haven't been to Japan yet but have adequate kimono-wearing experience and research under my belt.  For the wearing one I could either just do a demo, or do a limited-number workshop.  Having other experienced kimono-wearers would be very useful for this one so we could go around and help people.  If somebody is experienced in men's kimono that would be especially useful as I don't have much practical experience with those.

                                  ..are you going to tapdance in your Zatoichi outfit?  LOL

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jun 8, 2009
                                    I've done a talk before on styles of kimono using my stash as examples. Also have bought a bunch of yukata because I was going to do a workshop for CC27, but health issues got in the way of that one. =-(

                                    - Ann, Washington, DC

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jun 8, 2009
                                      Ah, was going to do a men's workshop too, before the "health issue".

                                      Ann

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jun 8, 2009
                                        Posted by: "Sarcasm Hime" herselfthe_elf@... herselfthe_elf

                                        Sun Jun 7, 2009 7:25 pm (PDT)

                                        Ah clearly I can't count. Yes, I meant next year so CC28.

                                        I'd be happy to run it unless somebody else really wants to do it...I haven't been to Japan yet but have adequate kimono-wearing experience and research under my belt. For the wearing one I could either just do a demo, or do a limited-number workshop. Having other experienced kimono-wearers would be very useful for this one so we could go around and help people. If somebody is experienced in men's kimono that would be especially useful as I don't have much practical experience with those.

                                        Maral, I will forward your e-mail to Jennifer, our programming matron. I'll start scouting around for more folks in the area to be on the panel.

                                        ...are you going to tapdance in your Zatoichi outfit? LOL

                                        -- Maral

                                        Actually, I prefer to yodel! ;P

                                        Henry W. Osier
                                        Chairman, Costume-Con 28
                                        May 7 to May 10, 2010
                                        www.CC28.org
                                      • Ricky & Karen Dick
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jun 22, 2009
                                          Dora, what are the current membership fees for CC-29, and 'til when?

                                          I finally have full access and education (thanks, Betsy!), and am finally updating costume-con.org.

                                          --Karen