Re: Social Security Calendar - CLARIFICATION

  • allendickinson70
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2013
      Apparently my post of the SS payment calendar caused some confusion - I have received two emails about it. What I should have added was that the calendar applies to those whose payments are sent to US banks, not to those out of the country. Here's how one person explained it:

      Whenever i received my Social Security benefit in the US it came the second Wednesday of the month as per schedule. Whenever i changed banks and had the Social Security deposited in the Banco de Costa Rica in January, 2011, it has been deposited the 3rd of the month without fail.

      It is my understanding that all foreign Social Security benefit payments are made the 3rd of the month with the Bank of New York being the transfer agent.

      Someone at ARCR tried to tell me that the benefit would not always be in my account on the 3rd due to manual posting by the bank, but that has not been my
      experience.

      I hope that resolves any questions. My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

      Allen