Chat

  • chuck@umailme.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hi People ---

      It appears that my reputation for "openness" has been questioned. Not
      only is everything wide-open for use on the new corkboard, but also I
      have not even required a "password" to play with it.

      To use "chat" function, do this:
      1) Go to the corkboard Costaricaonboard
      2) Click on edit mode
      3) Click on add a note
      4) Type in a subject and in the bottom box type message
      5) Place a check-mark in the "make this a chat note" box
      6) Click on "Post This Note"
      7) Chat away to everyone's content

      Please everyone, add information to the already established reference
      boxes and come up with new boxes with subjects on things we need to know
      at times - but never seem to write down the names, addresses and
      telephone numbers, as we come across them. If we all add our favorite
      businesses, we can soon have our own Yellow Pages.

      Apologies for doubting my willingness to always try "openness" first,
      will be accepted in the form of community service work in teaching all
      of us how to take advantage of every part of this new addition to the
      vast center wing conspiracy to give us more tools to work with.

      All kidding aside, my knowledge base in the intricate doings of the
      Internet and of computers is quite wide, but very shallow. I am able to
      find some interesting things and get some of those started, but I need
      all the help I can get in getting the most out of it for the greater
      good of CostaRicaLiving. Don't be bashful, but rather join with Mr.
      Lent in using and also playing with this new toy/tool, and tell the rest
      of us what you find out about it.

      Sea Feliz,
      chuck leake - factotum
      ***** We now have a new tool to use for putting semi-permanent
      information on our very own corkboard. Going there is as easy as
      clicking on this URL:
      http://www.eboard.com/costaricaonboard
    • Charles
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
        Hello Group,

        Has anyone scheduled or suggested a time for members to join in the
        chat room. I would be interested in your experiences and views in
        Costa Rica. If nothing is scheduled maybe we can set one up. Friday
        nights are good for me. Any takers?
        Charles