Re: Looking for A Kitten

  • EW
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2009
      Hi Randal,

      I have taken kittens to the refugio in San Rafael, paid to have them
      neutered and left them there to be adopted out. Each of these times,
      the people at the refugio were happy to get the kitties as they had a
      shortage of them. (Every now and then a new mother will arrive at my
      house with her kittens. I try to catch the kitties so they can be
      saved. Unfortunately, I'm not always successful at this and they don't
      all survive. Not everyone likes cats in this country.)

      I adopted a calico kitty at the refugio a few years ago. She had been
      in a foster home after being abandoned as a baby and had just become of
      adoption age. She had two pink bows super-glued to her head; they
      lasted about a day. The street kitty that I'd previously taken in (a
      tiny black throwaway I found crying in the ditch in pouring rain) made
      sure of that!

      I think your information is incorrect about cats/kittens.

      Ellie
      http://www.costaricatropicalparadiseproperties.com/
    • JC
      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2009
        There is a Pet Adoption Fair on Saturday, May 2 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (young dogs, puppies and kittens) Veterinaria Planeta de Mascotas, Centro Comericial Vistana Este, Lindora road to Belen, Santa Ana.
      • Lebensabenteuer@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2009
          At the moment we have 11 kittens for adoption - plus 4 young adult cats.
          As we do not have a shelter they can be visited in three different homes
          in Atenas.
          If you are interested in adopting one and able to come to Atenas (Western
          Central Valley) please let me know: _AnimalesAtenasCR@..._
          (mailto:AnimalesAtenasCR@...) .

          BTW: We are showing every friday some of our dogs and cats for adoption at
          the local farmers maket (approx 09.00 am until 01.00 pm).
          Come and have a look, it does not hurt - but can be the begin of a
          live-long-friendship ;-) !

          Regards
          Sylvia
          member of the Atenas Foundation for Helping Abandoned Animals
          _www.costa-rica-live.com/AnimalesAtenas/index.html_
          (http://www.costa-rica-live.com/AnimalesAtenas/index.html)

        • John and Carmen Stuart
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2009
            Is there a group over the internet that addresses the idea of visitor
            exchange?
            We have a guest house and even though I do work, it is out of my home
            and I can juggle my time for some
            local tours of some of the special places in our area.
            We are 40 miles north of Atlanta, Georgia and there is public
            transportation that could bring a visitor
            within 22 miles of our farm.

            I know this might be tricky and there most likely would have to be
            background checks on either end
            but I would love to have a Costa Rican female visitor who could help
            me with Spanish and enhance my
            limited knowledge of Costa Rica.
            Anyone who would visit would have to be animal and bird friendly as we
            have a lot of both.

            I'm not talking about this year but maybe next year.
            It would cut the cost of having to pay for a hotel and it would be fun
            to exchange cultural differences.
            Just a wild thought.
            carmen stuart
            Dawsonville Ga.