Re: Hulu

  • David Lovelady
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 8:03 AM
      --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, kerry@... wrote:

      > if you go to http://www.dailyshow.com you can watch each day's Daily Show even though you aren't in the US... also Colbert Report.

      You know, that was true for us until this last week. Beginning Tuesday or Wednesday, we began getting "Sorry. Full episodes of The Daily Show are not available in your area." If other folks in CR (using ICE's Acelera internet service) can still see it, I am really puzzled.

      Scratching my head,

      David
    • olamoree
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 8:40 AM
        Yes, true, Hulu does not let their content leave the US... which means that you have to extend your electronic tenacles into the US and open the pipe there and hold up your fake sign that says, "Here I am!" and viola! there is your Hulu.

        Lesson 1. Learn to Google....(@ www.google.com) as we are mostly a bunch of dummies here about computer stuff. Search on something like "Hulu workaround" or "Hulu video outside the USA" or "Hulu Raymond.CC" which is to say that the MORE you use Google, the more you learn about how to refine your search terms and once you get the hang of it, it is MUCH easier to Google than to try to get technology info out of CRL... now if you are looking for real wooden clothespins in CR, CRL is probably your best bet, altho Google could probably find them too.

        Ali

        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "David Lovelady" <cachidll@...> wrote:

        > My understanding is that the difficulty with Hulu is that they do not let their content leave the U.S.A.
        > David

      • expatparrot
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
          I was in the middle of watching a show on Hulu and got a message that my IP address is outside the US and was using an anonymous tool for access. Is anybody else getting this?