Looking for small galvanized water tanks or drums

  • cbahr
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2009
      Building a solar water heater and need to find a source for new/used galvanized drums (20 to 55 gal.) or other type of metal tank. Must be enclosed as the system will be under pressure. Threaded fittings would be nice, but I can have those added if necessary. If you know of a source(s) please drop me an e-mail. Live near San Isidro but willing to travel up the SJ if that's where the tank is.

      TIA!

      - Casey
    • olamoree
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        If they are PRESSURE tanks you are needing, a drum will not suffice. Rimuca in Zapote (San Jose) will roll and weld you up a tank or tanks to your specifications for a reasonable cost, putting in the fittings you need. They will also phosphatize it to avoid rust. My only precaution would to make SURE you observe the pressure (or hydrostatic) test of it to maybe 100 psi and make sure it is marked as such. I have gotten a "leaker" from them.... mmmm.

        Ali