Osa / hulu / El Angle

  • ajeepsea2002
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 5:54 AM
      First and most important, The jelly etc plant destroyed in the earthquake, reopened yesterday. I searched for their products during this time. They continued to pay their workers. Most of the machinery was recovered. The workers even worked in the rubble, salvaging , pulling nails,,all according to the news being reported now on Ch. 6.

      Any one on the board from Golfito, or Pto. Jemiez?? would like to ask if they recommend, or know of a lawyer. Have to go to the Muni to deal with about a lot we bought some time back, and the SJO lawyers, left us hanging, without finalizing all the paperwork/register etc. And wonder if there are more places to stay in Pto. Jeminez besides, luna y Mar?

      Hulu, I downloaded and used it on my last trip to ABQ, worked fine, watched Survivor at the airports on my trip back. Haven't used it here, have dial up. BUT!! last couple of weeks ICE have been installing new wires. They told me it was upgrading for people wanting ADSL (?) high speed internet,,,yea!!. 10 years of Racsa dial up might be coming to a end..
      be well
      MariAn
    • David Lovelady
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 6:24 AM
        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "ajeepsea2002" <ajeepsea@...> wrote:

        > Hulu, I downloaded and used it on my last trip to ABQ, worked fine

        Does ABQ mean Albuquerque in the U.S.? When you say you have not used it here, do you mean not in Costa Rica, or not at your current location within Costa Rica?

        My understanding is that the difficulty with Hulu is that they do not let their content leave the U.S.A. That is also true of much NBC and Comedy Central content. Hence my question in post #91652 about anonymous browsing.

        That has receive 2 responses on-group and one off-group. It is difficult for me to believe that there are only 3 CRL members who have found solutions to this problem. Or, maybe I am more of a news junkie than I realized. Hmmm.

        David
      • kerry@bio-photo.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 7:16 AM
          The last time I was on Hulu they said they were working towards an
          agreement to show programs to IP's out of the US. There was also a
          place to sign up for this when it was ready.

          I am addicted to Dancing with the Stars (crazy, I know, but I enjoy
          it) It is a shame we can't see it online.. but it you go to
          http://www.dailyshow.com you can watch each day's Daily Show even
          though you aren't in the US... also Colbert Report.
        • David Lovelady
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 8:03 AM
            --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, kerry@... wrote:

            > if you go to http://www.dailyshow.com you can watch each day's Daily Show even though you aren't in the US... also Colbert Report.

            You know, that was true for us until this last week. Beginning Tuesday or Wednesday, we began getting "Sorry. Full episodes of The Daily Show are not available in your area." If other folks in CR (using ICE's Acelera internet service) can still see it, I am really puzzled.

            Scratching my head,

            David
          • olamoree
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1 8:40 AM
              Yes, true, Hulu does not let their content leave the US... which means that you have to extend your electronic tenacles into the US and open the pipe there and hold up your fake sign that says, "Here I am!" and viola! there is your Hulu.

              Lesson 1. Learn to Google....(@ www.google.com) as we are mostly a bunch of dummies here about computer stuff. Search on something like "Hulu workaround" or "Hulu video outside the USA" or "Hulu Raymond.CC" which is to say that the MORE you use Google, the more you learn about how to refine your search terms and once you get the hang of it, it is MUCH easier to Google than to try to get technology info out of CRL... now if you are looking for real wooden clothespins in CR, CRL is probably your best bet, altho Google could probably find them too.

              Ali

              --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "David Lovelady" <cachidll@...> wrote:

              > My understanding is that the difficulty with Hulu is that they do not let their content leave the U.S.A.
              > David

            • expatparrot
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 21, 2013
                I was in the middle of watching a show on Hulu and got a message that my IP address is outside the US and was using an anonymous tool for access. Is anybody else getting this?