Looking for A Kitten

  • Randal Weidig
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2009
      My daughter has decided that it is time for her to have a kitten to keep her 3 dogs company. After much convincing on her part we have relented. If anyone knows of a kitten up for adoption, please let me know. We are in the Belen area of Heredia but may be will ing to venture out several miles for a nice kitten.
    • jonlinn
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2009
        "Randal Weidig" <fireout@...> wrote:
        If anyone knows of a kitten up for adoption, please let me know.

        Association Humanitarian for the Protection of Animals of Costa Rica in
        San Rafael de Heredia has kittens. We adopted a puppy there today. It is
        a very nice place.

        http://www.animalsheltercostarica.com/

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2009
          > Association Humanitarian for the Protection of Animals of Costa Rica in
          > San Rafael de Heredia has kittens. We adopted a puppy there today. It is
          > a very nice place.

          Thanks John, Actually my wife an daughter visited there a couple of weeks ago and they were told that they do not adopt kittens, only adult cats??? I thought this strange, and had a couple leads that fizzled, so I went to this fine forum. I am sure CRL will be the answer.
        • countrygirl_4t
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2009
            you can try visiting local veterinarians and pet shops most usually have kittens at sometime or another for free or for a small fee....I know my vet in Guadalupe usually has kittens and puppies and rabbits and they need a good home I have brought several home with me over time :)
          • jonlinn
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2009
              > Thanks John, Actually my wife an daughter visited there a couple of
              weeks ago and they were told that they do not adopt kittens, only adult
              cats???

              Well, I was not looking for a kitten, but I am sure I saw some. Follow
              the link
              http://www.animalsheltercostarica.com/
              <http://www.animalsheltercostarica.com/>

              They look like kittens to me. Maybe they were at a different place.

              Good luck I hope you fine what you are looking for.

            • EW
              Message 6 of 9 , May 1, 2009
                Hi Randal,

                I have taken kittens to the refugio in San Rafael, paid to have them
                neutered and left them there to be adopted out. Each of these times,
                the people at the refugio were happy to get the kitties as they had a
                shortage of them. (Every now and then a new mother will arrive at my
                house with her kittens. I try to catch the kitties so they can be
                saved. Unfortunately, I'm not always successful at this and they don't
                all survive. Not everyone likes cats in this country.)

                I adopted a calico kitty at the refugio a few years ago. She had been
                in a foster home after being abandoned as a baby and had just become of
                adoption age. She had two pink bows super-glued to her head; they
                lasted about a day. The street kitty that I'd previously taken in (a
                tiny black throwaway I found crying in the ditch in pouring rain) made
                sure of that!

                I think your information is incorrect about cats/kittens.

                Ellie
                http://www.costaricatropicalparadiseproperties.com/
              • JC
                Message 7 of 9 , May 1, 2009
                  There is a Pet Adoption Fair on Saturday, May 2 from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (young dogs, puppies and kittens) Veterinaria Planeta de Mascotas, Centro Comericial Vistana Este, Lindora road to Belen, Santa Ana.
                • Lebensabenteuer@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 1, 2009
                    At the moment we have 11 kittens for adoption - plus 4 young adult cats.
                    As we do not have a shelter they can be visited in three different homes
                    in Atenas.
                    If you are interested in adopting one and able to come to Atenas (Western
                    Central Valley) please let me know: _AnimalesAtenasCR@..._
                    (mailto:AnimalesAtenasCR@...) .

                    BTW: We are showing every friday some of our dogs and cats for adoption at
                    the local farmers maket (approx 09.00 am until 01.00 pm).
                    Come and have a look, it does not hurt - but can be the begin of a
                    live-long-friendship ;-) !

                    Regards
                    Sylvia
                    member of the Atenas Foundation for Helping Abandoned Animals
                    _www.costa-rica-live.com/AnimalesAtenas/index.html_
                    (http://www.costa-rica-live.com/AnimalesAtenas/index.html)

                  • John and Carmen Stuart
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 1, 2009
                      Is there a group over the internet that addresses the idea of visitor
                      exchange?
                      We have a guest house and even though I do work, it is out of my home
                      and I can juggle my time for some
                      local tours of some of the special places in our area.
                      We are 40 miles north of Atlanta, Georgia and there is public
                      transportation that could bring a visitor
                      within 22 miles of our farm.

                      I know this might be tricky and there most likely would have to be
                      background checks on either end
                      but I would love to have a Costa Rican female visitor who could help
                      me with Spanish and enhance my
                      limited knowledge of Costa Rica.
                      Anyone who would visit would have to be animal and bird friendly as we
                      have a lot of both.

                      I'm not talking about this year but maybe next year.
                      It would cut the cost of having to pay for a hotel and it would be fun
                      to exchange cultural differences.
                      Just a wild thought.
                      carmen stuart
                      Dawsonville Ga.