New Tool

  • chuck@umailme.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
      Hi People ---

      We now have a new tool to use for putting semi-permanent information on
      our very own corkboard. Going to either URL as easy as going to one of
      these URLs: http://www.CostaRicaonBoard.eboard.com
      http://CostaRicaonBoard.eboard.com

      Anyone may add information or subjects at anytime. Please give only
      names and addresses or phone numbers in the resources boxes. No lengthy
      testimonials or advertisements. I reserve the right to edit or remove
      items.

      Help dream up other uses for this board --- maybe a telephone/e-mail
      directory for members, contacts and resources --- or maybe any use you
      can come up with, just pass it by me. You can start a new subject box
      on any subject.

      You also may want to start your own virtual corkboard for club, group or
      family. It comes with 5 Megs of space and is easy to use. It is just a
      lot easier to start up than a WEB page and costs nothing.

      ***** VIRTUAL CORKBOARD. You can post messages, photos, and links; and
      use eBoard as a personal homepage or place to share these. Sign on to
      eBoard, a free service, at http://www.eboard.com *****

      Check it out, place one of the URLs in your "Favorites" or whatever your
      browser calls it, for quick access, and lets discuss it on
      CostaRicaLiving.

      Don't worry - sea feliz,
      chuck
    • r@costarica.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
        Great work, Chuck, in finding this e-board thingie! I'm
        sure it will be very useful. I've already made a little
        experiment there, which all can go and view, to better
        understand how to use this and what its limitations are.
        Bear with me as I find out more about it.

        For those who do not know HTML code, here's a few commands
        you can use in your notes:

        To bold words put <b> before the words and </b> after to
        turn the effect off.

        To italize use <i> and then </i>

        The make letters bigger use <font size=4> and </font>
        after. The size number can go up to 7. 1 and 2 give smaller
        letters.

        To change letter colors use <font color=blue> and </font>
        Most the other colors can be used as words here. (brown,
        green, yellow, red, white, pink, etc.) Hexadecimal RGB
        color codes can be used too if you know 'em!

        Size & color can be used together ( <font size=6
        color=green> )

        Just hope this corkboard thing is not subject to termite
        damage!

        Roy
      • r@costarica.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2000
          Chuck, if it was your intention that each adds his info to
          that green note, shouldn't you have activated "chat"?

          BTW, that new term "e-dress" sort of gives me a picture of
          a girl in a sparkling blue dress which has a cord plugged
          into the nearest electric outlet. Then there's a power
          failure!

          Roy