Earpain

  • toya12342002
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 11:14 AM
      Hello,
      can somebody help me, please?
      I had the last half year several visitors here in Costa Rica. There
      were all on the Pacific Coast between Jaco and Guanacaste. 90% of them
      ended with horrible earpain and sometimes fever at the clinica. All of
      them had the pain in another part of the ear.
      The doctora in Jaco said she has every day several people with
      earpain.
      All ended up taking antibiotics.
      Does anybody know what is going on in the sea?? Nobody of my friends
      have been in a swimming pool.
      Thank you
      Britta
    • Roy Lent
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30 4:19 PM
        From: "toya12342002" <tortuga@...>
        Subject: [CostaRicaLiving] Earpain

        > Hello,
        > can somebody help me, please?
        > I had the last half year several visitors here in Costa Rica. There
        > were all on the Pacific Coast between Jaco and Guanacaste. 90% of them
        > ended with horrible earpain and sometimes fever at the clinica. All of
        > them had the pain in another part of the ear. The doctora in Jaco said she
        > has every day several people with earpain. All ended up taking
        > antibiotics. Does anybody know what is going on in the sea?? Nobody of my
        > friends have been in a swimming pool. Thank you Britta
        I wonder if the "red tide" has anything to do with this. It
        is still causing problems on the Pacific Coast. If that is
        the case then antibiotics would do nothing as this is a
        toxin released in the water. Shellfish from this coast have
        been declared ineatable (poisonous) for a number of months.

        Sixty minutes of thinking of any kind is bound to lead to confusion and unhappiness.
        http://www.theabsolute.net/minefield/

        Roy Lent