was Venting now How to get to Italy?

  • jmateosky
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 1:39 PM
      Hi,

      Are there any good web sites to search the airlines, preferably european or Latin American, The US airlines want to route you through LA or someother undesireable route.

      I saw a Condor airlines at the airport can you originate a flight with them in SJ?

      or preferable some other airline? any Ideas are appriciated.

      Thanks,

      Jim
    • David Lovelady
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 7 2:51 PM
        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "jmateosky" <jmateosky@...> wrote:

        > Are there any good web sites to search the airlines

        My favorite is http://www.kayak.com/

        David
      • olamoree
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 7 4:47 PM
          Of course you could have Googled that thought... and come up with MANY comprehensive web sites to search for flights... but just to give you a head start, here are some good ones... you WILL look on www.google.com , won't you?

          www.farecast.com
          www.airfarewatchdog.com
          www.yapta.com
          and less comprehensive and cheap
          www.travelzoo.com
          www.ShermansTravel.com
          www.Hotwire.com

          and of course all of the airline sites directly....

          Ali

          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "jmateosky" <jmateosky@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Are there any good web sites to search the airlines
          > Jim

        • fraluchi
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 7 5:06 PM
            "David Lovelady" <cachidll@...> wrote: My favorite is http://www.kayak.com/

            The problem with these websites is that they generally start listing USA airlines and promote hefty ticket costs.
            You should put your questions directly to sites such as Air France, Alitalia, Iberia, Condor, MartinAir, British Airlines, etc.
            We travel regularly to Europe (avoiding the US for the same reasons as documented in another CRL thread) and fly Iberia (SJO-MAD-ROM) or Alitalia (SJO - ROM via Caracas), depending upon stopover times and cost of ticket at the desired travel dates.
            Considering that many of these airlines do not fly to SJO and some are charters, (therefore do not turn up when searching websites) you should contact the nearest representative for information.
            There are options in case one is prepared to put up with more or lengthy stopovers (Dominican Republic, Aruba, Mexico City, etc.)
            Flights from Europe via Miami have proven to be disastrous, not only for the "welcome" procedures to non-US citizens but also the luggage handling.
          • hsmithcr
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 8 1:23 AM
              I am in Germany right now having flown here from SJO to visit my son. I went Miami and then Frankfurt - the Frankfurt leg on Lufthansa. My son and I were talking about the Miami security mess versus security in Europe where they have a lot more experience with you-know-what. The requirements and procedures at US airports are ridiculous. It took me 90 minutes to get through security at Miami. When I arrived at Dusseldorf, it took me 20 minutes to get off the plane, show my passport and get to my next gate. Next time, I will definitely try that SJO to Madrid route.

              Harriet

              PS Perhaps the original poster can spend some time researching on the internet like the rest of us.