rTelephone No. for Racsa?

  • nellincostarica
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
      Does anyone have a number for Racsa? I have dial up, never more than
      12 Kbps, pay about $115 for phone and to Racsa. I am knocked off line
      about 4 times in 30 minute session, sometimes more. We have new phone
      lines in our area. Does anyone else have this problem?

      If not a number, where is the nearest Racsa from Atenas?

      Thanks
      Nell
    • Mary and Jeff Hickcox
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
        No number but I am here in Atenas and have had no problems.  I did just get high speed though from CRwifi and I am sooo happy.  Something to think of.  If you are interested I can answer any questions.

        Mary
        mama to Dylan (9), Colin (5) and Theo Benjamin (born 8-28-07)

        "Be who you want your children to be."    Unknown

      • daniel
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
        • Ed Reames
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 31, 2009
            RACSA tech support 800-628-3427

            FAX 287-0508

            Check your dial access properties to see if it agrees with the below info:

            Regards,

            Ed Reames

            Dial Modem Properties

            General folder

            Configure button

            Modem speed 57600

            Hardware features

            Enable hardware flow control

            Enable Modem error control

            do NOT enable modem compression

            do NOT Show terminal windows

            Enable modem speaker

            Networking folder

            Type dial up service

            PPP: Windows 95/98/NT4/2000, Internet

            PPP Settings
            Enable LCP extensions
            do NOT Enable software compression
            do NOT Negotiate multi-link for single link connections

            This connection uses the following items:

            TCP/IP

            with following properties

            Optain an IP address automatically

            Optain DNS server address automatically

            QoS Packet Scheduler

            Client for Microsoft Networks

          • Nell Thibodeaux
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
              Thank you Ed.  That was clear and concise.  Mine were exactly as you said they should be. I changed nothing, but when I connected this time, it was a 14.4 Kbps...maybe the power of suggestion.  Thanks again.
              Nell

              Nell Little Thibodeaux

              ....and the living is easy....
              http://nellincostarica.blogspot.com

              Free Web Sites
              http://freewebsiteproject.blogspot.com

            • Marjory
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
                Hello Everyone,

                We are a family currently in the US, looking to relocate to Costa Rica.
                We visited a few years ago, and are now researching areas where we hope
                to find a place to live. We will be back in country again in about two
                months.

                I am hoping some of you might know of small farms for sale in the the
                ares south of San Isidro. I currently do research on family-scale
                sustainable agriculture and I want to continue that on a small farm in
                Costa Rica. My husband does R&D engineering on geothermal energy and
                can work from anywhere, although he would like to be involved with local
                projects if that is possible. Anyway, we are trying to see what
                approximately $300,000 USD would buy in terms of an established
                homestead with house, land, outbuildings, fencing, gardens, orchard,
                etc. and all that which is needed for a family to live off the land. We
                are not looking for large commercial farming type operations. We want
                to be a bit far out from San Isidro, but near a small town or village.
                We prefer to be near the mountians and away from the coast. Having some
                other expats nearby would be fantastic.

                If you know of any farms for sale, or any that have recently sold, and
                can easily send along the info on the property, we would sincerely
                appreciate it. Again, we are only doing research at this point in time
                to see what is possible. We hope to come out and tour some property in
                March of this year. We plan on attending a spanish school for at least
                a month to gain further experience into what the region is like.

                Your input is greatly appreciated. You can contact me offlist at
                marjory@... if you want.

                Thanks,

                Marjory