English Muffins

  • Sharon Wallace & Richard Maehl
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6 3:08 PM
      Hi, Lynn...forgot to send this...memory is going. If you don't have whey,
      you can use all milk...not quite as good.

      English Muffins

      2 cups whey 1/2 tablespoon salt
      1/2 cup milk 1 and 1/2 tablespoons yeast
      1 egg 2 tablespoons melted butter (I left
      this out and no one noticed)
      3 tablespoons sugar

      Sprinkle the yeast on warm whey and proof. Add the egg, sugar, and
      salt...butter if you use it. Oh, and the warmed milk. Add flour to make a
      soft dough. Let rise, turn out onto floured pastry slab without punching
      down, and just kind of roll or pat it out about 1/2 inch thick or
      less. Cut into circles...I use a crumpet ring...about 4" in
      diameter. Transfer to griddles, cook over low flame about 7 minutes on a
      side (you decide by looking), cool, split, and toast. Actually, I always
      grill mine.

      Arranged a home exchange with a London family for May (whew), so we'll be
      off for the birth. I dread flying, but gotta deliver this babe. Might
      have a France exchange, and Portugal in July. We'll see.

      Let me know how the muffins go. The big deal here is that there are NONE
      except mine:)

      Hasta Pronto

      Sharon
    • Rebecca Holt