solar

  • Delores Wade
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
      Hi Folks,
      For some reason they won't let me on the bulletin board and maybe someone
      will be willing to answer personally. I am looking to buy a solar powered
      hot water system and need information on who to call for prices and other
      information. Thanks, Dee
    • Ray Beise
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
        Dee,

        We have two ECOCAL solar hot water systems installed here in Guanancaste.
        They are both of the "thermo siphoning" type. (Recommended) They are
        wonderful. We love them. Cost less installation: less than $1,000.00 We
        purchased them from:

        > SOLPOWER COSTA RICA S.A.
        > Stefan Brändle
        > Gerente General

        > Web: www.solpowercr.com E-Mail: ventas@...
        > Tel: 00506-228 71 65 /Fax: 00506-228 71 63 Apdo 173-1260, San Rafael de
        > Escazú, Costa Rica
        > SOLPOWER COSTA RICA
        * San Rafael de Escazú, 23.11.2001

        Sadly, the rumor is that Stefan has gone on to bigger and better things but
        he has left us with a recommendation for future purchases a company called
        "Swissol". However, I can not seem to find them anywhere. If anyone
        knows their whereabouts please post it.

        In the CR Yellow Pages you will find solar hot water systems listed under
        the heading "Calentadores Solares" In my 2001 version they are on page
        286.

        Contact me off list if you want more info.

        from your community,
        Ray Beise
        Pura Jungla Nature Reserve and Eco-Community
        Apdo. #12 Santa Cruz
        Guanacaste, Costa Rica
        506-658-8160
        www.lapurajungla.com

        For some reason they won't let me on the bulletin board and maybe someone
        will be willing to answer personally. I am looking to buy a solar powered
        hot water system and need information on who to call for prices and other
        information. Thanks, Dee

        For our web page: http://www.costaricaliving.org/
        To access our Corkboard click on: http://www.costarica.eboard.com

        Addresses:
        Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
        Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

      • Jorge
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
          Delores,

          I recommend Termisolar S.A., Alonso Guillen 438 0626, 438 2917, 381 9120,
          ecosol@.... The solar system he installed for me works great.

          --jorge

          At 10:43 PM 31/1/2002, Delores Wade wrote:
          <CHOP>
          >I am looking to buy a solar powered
          >hot water system and need information on who to call for prices and other
          >information. Thanks, Dee

          -
          Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the
          argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
          -- William Pitt, November 18, 1783
        • Roy Lent
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
            The election is getting down to the wire. In most the last
            polls Araya (Liberacion) and Solis (PAC) are neck in neck.
            Pacheco (PUSC) is ahead in all but does not have the 40%
            necessary to win in any of them. So here’s what it boils
            down to. The chances of this going to a second election are
            very strong. And if it does, Pacheco will probably lose!
            Why?

            If Solis comes in second in the first election, he and
            Pacheco will be the candidates in the second. In that case
            most the voters for Araya will vote for Solis in order to
            defeat Pacheco. If Araya comes in second in the first
            election, most of Solis’ voters will vote for Araya in the
            second. So, according to certain polls, Pacheco is the
            leader but doesn’t stand a chance!! If a second election
            does take place, it will be the first time under the
            present constitution (1949), although a second election did
            take place back in 1932 but under the old constitution.

            Speaking of constitutions, the prohibition of the sale of
            alcoholic drinks during the election period is a holdover
            from bygone days when local ‘guaro’ was sold by the drink
            out of carboys mostly and when only a small percentage of
            the population bought such by the bottle. I can still
            remember when it was possible to take a container into the
            government liquor outlet and have it filled with guaro out
            of a drum. So such doesn’t have much meaning anymore but
            can not easily be removed as it is not a law but is built
            right into the constitution!

            ___________________________________

            For those who repent will live to sin yet another day.

            Roy Lent
          • olamoree
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 1, 2002
              Yes, it is possible that elections will go to Round 2 on April 7th,
              BUT if that happens, it will probably be a Pacheco/Araya fight and
              Pacheco will probably win. Altho Solis gets good press, good
              percentages, etc. he is still an upstart. Pacheco is also an
              upstart, but defied the Mariachis WITHIN the party, so if he wins, it
              will be "more of the same" with Fishman behind the throne as 2nd VP.
              Solis is an upstart who defied the Liberation party and formed his
              own, similar to what Carazo did in '78, and altho he won, the regrets
              are still heard today altho not necessarily his fault as president!
              Solis is running on a nationalistic anti-corruption agenda --now how
              would that sound to some bureaucrat or traffic cop? Get real, did
              you ever hear of a Tico denouncing corruption? No, the dream of the
              Tico is to someday be appointed to a government post where he can get
              his ARMS into the public treasury so in the secrecy of the voting
              booth, he will thus vote his soul and may even fib a little in the
              exit poll, but will have done his deed to assure that everything
              is "business as usual" and his government car will still take him to
              the beach on weekends and all that other good stuff that costs, some
              say, up to 40% of the national budget. After all, if 40% goes to
              debt service alone, then where's mine?

              Ali