beach rental needed

  • drew_kirsch
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
      Hi group,
      Finally sold my place in the states.
      We will be in Cr March 1.Things happening really fast.
      We are looking for a inexpensive beach house to rent.We will need to
      rent for at least 6 months or could be longer.We think the caribbean
      side is more in our price range.
      We are also bringing an older well behaved dog.
      Any help would be great
      You can e-mail me private or on the board
      Thanks Drew
    • purplefinchrd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 31, 2002
        I was wondering if anyone on this list has any personal experience buying
        beachfront property on the pacific coast. Fran in FL

      • Ray Beise
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
          Drew,

          A good friend of mine has a beautiful beach home for rent on Playa
          Junquillal. It has a huge yard (several acres) for your dog to play in.
          Pool. 4 bedrooms. etc. etc. He is leaving the area for at least 6 months
          and this house is a real steal at $900.00 a month!

          from your community,
          Ray Beise
          Pura Jungla Nature Reserve and Eco-Community
          Apdo. #12 Santa Cruz
          Guanacaste, Costa Rica
          506-658-8160
          www.lapurajungla.com

          We will be in Cr March 1.Things happening really fast.
          We are looking for a inexpensive beach house to rent.We will need to
          rent for at least 6 months or could be longer.We think the caribbean
          side is more in our price range.
          We are also bringing an older well behaved dog.
          Any help would be great
          You can e-mail me private or on the board
          Thanks Drew

          For our web page: http://www.costaricaliving.org/
          To access our Corkboard click on: http://www.costarica.eboard.com

          Addresses:
          Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
          Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

        • Ray Beise
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
            Fran,

            Check out the daily electronic newspaper "AM Costa Rica" Today Friday 1
            February for a good all around article on housing. I have been building
            here for 15 years and confirm everything said by the author with
            exclamation. May even be happy to comment further.

            http://www.amcostarica.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 1, 2002
              Dear Fran,
              I'm sure you'll get plenty of responses on your questions. Here's my 2 cents
              worth; get your own reliable lawyer to do an investigation on the legal
              papers, verify that the land is not lease land, has no liens, and that the
              seller has clear tittle to the land, then be sure that it is well marked and
              that the maritime markers (Mojones) have not been moved and that your
              surveyor reassures you where your property ends.
              We've been very fortunate in this but I'm met so many people who've not done
              as well and it is very upsetting to find out that what you thought you
              purchased is not what you thought. I highly recommend buying within a
              "condominiumization" (gated community) if you don't plan to occupy that beach
              property full time. There's a lot of advantages in owning something with
              security built in.
              Take your time, interview the neighbors, get to know the Tico community
              nearest to your property, and make friends with both groups. Your best
              allies will come from both groups. Enjoy,
              Jo
              We have the option of being part of the problem or part of the Solution.
              There's no neutral ground.

            • ranchos@racsa.co.cr
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 5, 2002
                Hi Drew:

                If you are looking based on price, you will not necessarily find the right
                place for you. If it's the Caribbean you want, then you'll find
                inexpensive places there, same with any area of the Pacific side, just have
                to hunt around.

                What is your budget, how big a house, on the beach or off, amenities, where
                do you really want to be??

                Cheers,

                Jose

                At 01:08 a.m. 01/02/02 +0000, you wrote:
                >Hi group,
                >Finally sold my place in the states.
                >We will be in Cr March 1.Things happening really fast.
                >We are looking for a inexpensive beach house to rent.We will need to
                >rent for at least 6 months or could be longer.We think the caribbean
                >side is more in our price range.
                >We are also bringing an older well behaved dog.
                >Any help would be great
                >You can e-mail me private or on the board
                >Thanks Drew
                >

                >For our web page: http://www.costaricaliving.org/
                >To access our Corkboard click on: http://www.costarica.eboard.com
                >
                >Addresses:
                >Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
                >Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                >COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

                Thought for the day:

                Only a true Southerner knows the difference between a hissie fit and a
                conniption fit.

                Come and visit us at: www.vidatropical.com
                Bed and Breakfast in Alajuela, Costa Rica
                Phone/fax number: (506) 443-9576

                If you have trouble sending/replying to this (ranchos@...) address,
                my mailbox may be full, so try: josepelleya@...

                Use the hotmail address for large attachments such as pictures.
              • ranchos@racsa.co.cr
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2002
                  Hi Fran:

                  There's a lot of things to consider:

                  Who has the concession? It's supposed to be in the name of a Costa Rican,
                  or in a Sociedad Anonima where he holds 51%. You have to check with ICT
                  and the Municipalidad. See if it's up to date on his lease payments.

                  Are the property markers in place?

                  Is there a Plan Regulador in the area?

                  What's on it now? Was it properly permitted or just built?

                  How's the water/electric/phone situation? Sometimes they're working on
                  wells which have high salinity.

                  There's a lot of concerns in a beach/concession area that you would avoid
                  by going 150 meters from the beach, and some advantages: secure title,
                  lower price, less Purrujas, less salt air corrosion.

                  See you in a couple of weeks.

                  Cheers,

                  Jose