A Beautiful Day

  • John French
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2008
      While the actual location of this award winning short video is
      probably Mexico, it captures part of the ambiance of Costa Rica for
      me, and is well worth sharing.

      http://en.zappinternet.com/video/nilSqaMboM/HISTORIA-DE-UN-LETRERO-THE-STORY-OF-A-SIGN

      http://tinyurl.com/3nwxxq

      I was disappointed in myself that I had to give up the Romeria to
      Cartago after only a couple of hours. I blame it on insufficient
      preparation and a poor choice of walking shoes. But the sense of
      being part of an enormous expression of spirituality was
      overwhelming. Even late yesterday morning, when we headed home, there
      were pilgrims just starting for the Basilica in Cartago, on the holy
      day. And the fact that I am not Catholic has nothing to do with the
      joy I still feel. Today is indeed a beautiful day -- the best day of my life.

      John French