Re: Looking for information Heredia Vs Escazu

  • Tom Rosenberger
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
      PRESCHOOL, ELEMENTARY & HIGH SCHOOLS IN & NEAR HEREDIA

      AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Belen, Heredia. http://www.aiscr.com
      <http://www.aiscr.com/>

      PANAMERICAN SCHOOL, <http://www.panam.ed.cr/> Belen, Heredia.
      http://www.panam.ed.cr <http://www.panam.ed.cr/>

      SAINT PAUL, Belen, Heredia. http://www.saintpaul.ed.cr
      <http://www.saintpaul.ed.cr/>

      SANTA MARGARITA <http://not%20availible/> , Belen, Heredia. tel:
      293-4863

      INTNL. CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, Santo Domingo, Heredia.
      http://www.icscr.net/index2.html <http://www.icscr.net/index2.html>

      PINEWOODS SCHOOL, Santa Ana, http://www.pinewoodscr.com
      <http://www.pinewoodscr.com/>

      Seven schools in Costa Rica offer the International Baccalaureate, IB
      programme http://www.ibo.org/country/CR/
      <http://www.ibo.org/country/CR/>

      With courses being taught in both English and Spanish. The International
      Baccalaureate is a rigorous, pre-university programme that meets the
      needs of highly motivated ad ambitious secondary school students. The IB
      programme is based on a two-year programme designed in such a manner
      that it meets the criteria of different national programmes without
      following the curriculum design of one specific country, but rather
      incorporating the best elements of many different ones.

      Students select one subject from each of six academic areas, studying
      three or four of them at a higher level. In order to meet diploma
      requirements, at least three courses must be taken at a higher level,
      students being given the opportunity to explore their own areas of
      interest in greater depth and / or to make subject choices that meet
      specific university entry requirements. The combination of Higher and
      Standard Level subjects provide students with an excellent, overall
      education and teach them commitment through studying six different
      subjects for two years, some in greater depths, others with a wider
      scope.

      In addition to taking six subjects, the students must also
      satisfactorily complete the following three components in order to be
      awarded the IB diploma:

      * Theory of Knowledge Course (TOK)
      * Extended Essay (EE)
      * Participation in the Creativity, Action and Service (CAS)
      programme

      The following schools offer the IB programme

      EUROPEAN SCHOOL, in San Pablo, Heredia. http://www.europeanschool.com
      <http://www.europeanschool.com/>

      LINCOLN SCHOOL, in Santo Domingo, Heredia. http://www.lincoln.ed.cr
      <http://www.lincoln.ed.cr/>

      BLUE VALLEY SCHOOL, in Guachipelin, Escazu. http://www.bluevalley.ed.cr/
      <http://www.bluevalley.ed.cr/>

      BRITISH SCHOOL, in Rohrmoser, San Jose. http://www.bscr.ed.cr
      <http://www.bscr.ed.cr/>

      UNITED WORLD COLLEGE, Santa Ana. http://uwccr.com/home.php
      <http://uwccr.com/home.php>

    • costaricacentralvalleyliving
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
        for escazu check the following web site
        http://www.escazunews.com/
        you will find info living conditions in the escazu and santa ana
        area, also an idea in real estate
        if you look at
        http://newsletter.escazunews.com/index.php?pr=Links
        you will find information on schools, shopping, health, bank and much
        more
        also check
        http://newsletter.escazunews.com/index.php?pr=History_+_info
        for some articles about living in this area plus history of escazu
        as well past aricles on health, security , restaurants reviews in
        http://newsletter.escazunews.com/index.php?pr=Usefull_Past_Articles

        hope all above gives you an idea of escazu

        regards Daniel
      • Judy Blain
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 31, 2008
          Tammy,
          The schools here are not "one size fits all". It very much depends on the type kids you have. If you want, you can send me an email directly and tell me your situation and the type students you have, and I can help you with choosing a school. We've been here 12 years, I'm familiar with most of the schools, either through my kids or their friends. Switching cultures with teenagers can be challenging.
          Judy