How much perscription medicine can I legally take back to USA

  • tomcarr1
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29 12:48 PM
      One perscription medicine that I take in the USA is much cheaper here.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30 12:03 PM
        One perscription medicine that I take in the USA is much cheaper here.
        How much perscription medicine can I legally take back to USA?

        I never got an answer to this, but I think someone here must know and
        just didn't notice the question so I will just ask one more time.
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30 2:37 PM
          Hi Tom,

          I don't know the exact answer to your question, but I
          do know that tomorrow I'll be boarding a plane with
          enough of four medications to last me five weeks. I'm
          a diabetic and I need to take this with me--I can't
          buy it in the US without a prescription and I live
          here, so I don't have a physician in the United
          States.

          So far I have never had a problem carrying my
          medications.

          Christine
        • John French
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30 10:25 PM
            You can take back a 90 day supply of prescription medicines other
            than scheduled drugs (such as oxytocin, oxycodone, and other such
            stuff), and in the original prescription container. I don't know what
            the regs are for scheduled drugs, but off the top, my recommendation
            is you don't want to try to bring them in no matter who wrote the
            script for you, or why.

            John French