Trees Kill too! Sorry Henry

  • ojochal1
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30, 2008
      http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-bats052908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

      Is this really why one team just traded ten (10) maple bats for a minor
      league player?

      http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-tradedforbats&prov=ap&type=lgns

      Yah-Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!1
    • henry kantrowitz
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2008
        sorry ojochal,
        no apology is needed.  from what i read in the article you have no case.  no one was killed just injured by a flying part of a maple baseball bat.  i'll take my chances at any ball game getting hit by part of a broken bat compared to getting killed driving to the game or being killed by a disgruntled fan.  as a kid i went to over a hundred dodger games.  we sat right over the dugout and the only crisis i experienced was from roberto clemente.  he missed an easy fly ball and lost the game.  when he came to the dugout, i yelled through my megaphone, nice catch roberto.  he then hocked a lugi on my forehead.  boy was i an embarrassed 10 year old.  no physical damage though.
        by the way what has this got to do with costa rica?  i didn't quite get the connection.  now if it was about baseballs made here for pro baseball then i would understand.   i don't know now,  but for many years professional baseballs for the national and american league were made here in turrialba, costa rica.  i think they still are.
        henry

      • ojochal1
        Message 3 of 3 , May 31, 2008
          I like you Henry you get my "non-sence" of humor.

          "for many years professional baseballs for the national and american
          league were made here in turrialba, costa rica.  i think they
          still are."

          And the people of that job for Rawlings, nad end careers early with
          arthritic and deformed hands from the tiny tight stiching I am told.
          Very sad actually in many cases. They used to make them in Haiti. I
          think Rawlings has 5 factories in CR now.