Looking for Gastric Bypass/Lap Band Surgeon

  • sarasherman54
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi all! I am looking for referals (sp???) Right now I have the lap band
      but hate it, it pro-lapsed and my surgeon wants to convert it to a
      bypass. I am excited about this. Now, this may or may not happen so
      what I am really looking for are GOOD Docs the can be reccommended for
      both the bypass and the band. If you don't feel comfortable putting it
      on the board go ahead and email me! I appreciate your help ahead of
      time!

      Sara
    • Leslie McPeak
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
        Sarah- My sister and I have had the bypass and the lapband. Both have
        their pros and cons. The bypass is SERIOUS SURGERY and truly its
        full value ( in terms of weight loss) is done within 9-12 mths. of the
        procedure. The lapband is less expensive, relatively painless and simply
        procedure and lasts a lifetime. You can have water added or taken out
        as you see fit according to how much you are eating. My sister and I
        had so much to lose that we lost a huge amount with the bypass but
        have found the lapband to be a God-send in continued loss.
        Best of luck to you. If we can help in anyway please let us know.

        Leslie and Lynn McPeak

        Leslie McPeak- lesliemcpeak@...
        Casa de Modesto- Dog Kenneling Service - Alajuela, Costa Rica
        Home #- 506 441 2450 Fax#- 506 442 7857

      • sarasherman54
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
          This is Sarah again, thanks for the info ladies, did you have the
          surgery in Costa Rica??? Did either of you have a revision or how did
          that work?? I have the band right now and don't care for it, it pro-
          lapsed last month. I am looking for a surgeon/doctor in Costa Rica that
          can take care of my follow-up care, for both lap band and bypass - any
          reccomendations??

          Guess I should have said in Costa Rica in the original message.

          Thanks,

          Sara
        • Leslie McPeak
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2008
            Ours was in the states. We do know of one person who did the gastric bypass in CR
            and was quite pleased. I'll see if I can get the Dr's name. From all reports the procedure
            was MUCH better in terms of care than what we got in the states !!!!
            Leslie
          • sarasherman54
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
              Awesome - I would love the doctors info - and if the person who had the
              surgery would be willing to email that would be great too!

              Sara
            • Isabela Brown
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 2, 2008
                Hi Sara,
                This is my friend Rhonda that just had surgery here last week.
                Rhonda @ The Insurance Store <theinsstore@...>
                She's happy to talk to you!
                Please keep me posted about what you decide!

                Isabela Brown
                http://www.costaricavalleyproperties.com
                phone; 001-(506)-2288-4680 or 8822-1699