Re: Eeeeek.....the water bill has quadrupled !

  • martinj907
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2008
      Theres no such thing as a "treatment plant" for greywater. There are "blackwater treatment
      plants" which are very expensive. To reuse greywater, it needs to be filtered though healthy
      dirt or gravel, or irrigated directly into the plants.

      Do a google search on greywater to see some designs and ideas. I setup a greywater system
      here and it works great, I have it running though a gravel garden bed for filtration before
      going into the citrus orchard. Never store greywater. Always have it runing directly to the
      plants you want to water. Since greywater includes solids from the kitchen sink, you need to
      use larger tubing. Since it includes water from the washing machine, you need to use bio-
      friendly/organic cleaners.

      As far as I know theres nobody who does greywater design and installation here, but if you
      have any questions you can email me and I can help give you some ideas. Are you in the
      Tamarindo area?