Does anyone know of any ATV Tour in/around Costa Rica?

  • thefountainsguesthouseescazu
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
      Does anyone know of any ATV Tours AROUND Costa Rica (where you travel
      for a week or so with others doing the same thing)?

      If there are none, this could be a cool tour for someone to start!!!
    • rgr9969
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
        This may sound stupid my not living there and all but it seems that
        ATVs are actually destructive when taken off road. is the intent to do
        that? off road tours?
        Maybe you mean staying on already established roads.
        Those things can be quite dangerous not to mention the noise and
        emissions. from what i have been reading,nature the eco system is why
        most folks are in costa rica, at least a large part of why.
        educate me im stupid as i said.
      • RCH
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
          In the Ojochal area there is a Yamaha dealer who would probably tailor
          anything you want to your needs, if you can afford him.

          From the website (below)

          San Vito Overnight Excursion: $425/pp (4 meals included)

          Day 1: We travel to the Boruca Indigenous Reserve for lunch, continue
          down the mountain, refuel, and then cross the Pan American Highway.
          Next we will continue up the Pitier Mountain Range to the town of San
          Vito and check into one of the local hotels, have dinner and enjoy the
          San Vito nightlife and hospitality.

          Day 2: Travel cross country to a hot spring for a relaxing swim and
          make our way back, stopping for many incredible photo opportunities.

          * This is an extreme adventure as we cross many rivers and mountains
          * Total riding time is 6 to 7 hours per day
          * Lunch and dinner are included in Day 1
          * Breakfast and lunch included in Day 2

          http://www.trestucanes.com/
        • Scott Pralinsky
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
            Yes! Thanks for saying it. I was thinking it and was going to say it
            myself. Though ATVs are GREAT fun.....they are awful for our
            beautiful forests and lovely animals. Not too bad on the roads though
            -- much better than a car. We use them ourselves at some of our
            projects. Please think twice before doing the whole ATV off-roading
            thing!

            Scott Pralinsky
            Tropical Adventures Foundation
            www.TropicalAdventures.com
          • Ron Nowlan
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
              Second that sentiment and add that ATV's are killers of the turtle eggs on the beaches that are still fortunate enough to have turtles. Please don't drive on the beaches.