email from Bank of America

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2007
      Banks do email customers.
      I get one every month saying my new statement is ready.
      However,THEY NEVER ASK FOR ANY INFORMATION
      by email.
      Marcus

    • txtita1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, areca@... wrote:

        > Your bank will never email you.... >

        Ginnee, YOUR bank may never email you, but all 4 of my different
        banks send me email all the time.

        I've work in the computer service industry that provides systems and
        software to the banking industry, so I know this is a normal
        practice because our software supports it. The email method is very
        distinct from phishing attemps. The email is ususally a notification
        that they have a message for you posted on their secure website and
        if you go to their site and login you will be able to read your
        message. They never provide a direct link in the email. They also
        send me alerts when my bank account balance changes by a certain
        percentage that I have pre-defined. I also get a confirmation email
        from one of my banks when a payment had been posted.

        The best rule of thumb is to never click on any link provided in an
        email.

        Just mis dos colones...
        Tita
      • Dee Dee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, areca@... wrote:

          > Your bank will never email you. Bank of America does not email its's
          > Ginnee

          I am here in Dallas, Texas and I have Bank of America also. I have to
          disagree with you. It lets me know when I get down to a certain amount,
          it lets me know when there has been a deposit to my account, it lets me
          know when my Statment is ready for me to read, etc. When it does notify
          me though I do go to the site on my own and don't use a link. But yes,
          Bank of America notifies me on events of my banking, checking, savings,
          credit card, mortgage, etc. that I have with Bank of America.

          Dee Dee