Expensive Jeans in Costa Rica

  • liz_brit
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2007
      Here's a true tale from a couple of months ago. A friend of mine has a
      store which was selling some (to me) very expensive men's apparel. He
      too was somewhat baffled by how Ticos could afford them as they
      certainly were selling.

      One day he found out. Three young men came in the shop and had a long
      discussion about one particular pair of trousers.Watching them and
      unable to avoid hearing, he recounted this story to me.

      One of the young men tore a piece of paper in three and wrote a word
      on each. These were folded and each of them took a piece in turn.

      What was that all about? It was the best way to decide which on of
      them got to wear the one pair of trousers on Fridays, who had them on
      Saturdays and who on Sundays. True friendship.

      Me? I'll stick with the Ropa Americanas thanks very much!!

      Liz