Grits redux

  • michael fealy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2007
      CRL,
      To all of those that have been craving grits here in Costa Rica I thought the following might be of interest.
      Mike

      Man Eats 21 Pounds of Grits for Title 15 hours ago
      BOSSIER CITY, La. (AP) — He'll never want breakfast again.
      Pat Bertoletti, a mohawk-sporting chef from Chicago, gulped down 21 pounds of buttery, goopy grits in 10 minutes to win $4,000 in the first World Grits Eating Championship at Louisiana Downs on Saturday.
      The grits were presented in 2-pound trays, each about 8 inches by 6 inches and 1 1/2 inches deep, said Ryan Nerz, a spokesman for Major League Eating.