Language Schools

  • Vanessa Constanti
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2001
      Hello:

      We're planning on attending a language immersion school in Costa Rica.
      Kevin's dad went to the CPI-EDU and had a good experience, so that's where
      we're thinking of going. However, I was hopeing to get some feedback from
      the group if anyone has attended any language schools in CR or if they know
      which school has the best reputation locally.

      Thanks in advance!

      Vanessa

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
        Hi Vanessa,

        there's a language school in Orosi Valley called Montaña Linda.
        They offer different packages at very good rates; for example 4 days
        with 3 hours classes daily will cost you $ 99.- and you'll have your
        own personal teacher. They also offer simple lodging dormitory style.
        Here's their HP : http://www.montanalinda.com

        Saludos
        Andy http://www.orosilodge.com
      • johnfrench@starpower.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2001
          My choice is Intercultura Language School, in Heredia. It has small
          town living, near capital, one week per month at a Samara beach
          campus, lots of extras, like dance and cooking classes. The web site
          is at www.spanish-intercultura.com

          I expect to attend for another 4 week session in January.

          The people I met there, most particularly my Tico Family, are what
          convinced me that my next home will be not just in Costa Rica, but
          most likely in or near Heredia.

          John French
          Future Tico :)

          --- In CostaRicaLiving@y...,
          "Vanessa Constanti" <vanessa@b...> wrote:
          > Hello:
          >
          > We're planning on attending a language immersion school in Costa
          Rica.
          > Kevin's dad went to the CPI-EDU and had a good experience, so
          that's where
          > we're thinking of going. However, I was hopeing to get some
          feedback from
          > the group if anyone has attended any language schools in CR or if
          they know
          > which school has the best reputation locally.
          >
          > Thanks in advance!
          >
          > Vanessa

        • Janet Blakeley
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2006
            Please don´t forget the eboard.
            There is a fairly extensive lists of schools, with links, as well as descriptions of people´s experiences at them.
            http://groups.msn.com/CRLeBoard/_whatsnew.msnw
            Look under schools, then click the * to reveal the Spanish language link.
            We used CPI, which now has three locations (one in Flamingo) and they were open to families and to children.
            www.cpi-edu.com/
            Many schools will work with you if you contact them. Last time I checked InterCultura required two weeks in Heredia BEFORE you could enroll in the beach program? That may have changed.
            Good luck,
            Janet