Chiropractor

  • Dale Watson
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 27, 2001
      Hi all,
      It seems senility is catching up with me!
      Someone kindly sent me the name of a chiropractor back in March. I
      thought it was Amy and have hassled her by private email, but I seem
      to have got that wrong too - she's given me lots of names but not the
      one I'm looking for.
      This guy is young, stocky,into surfing and his office is in Moravia,
      east and north of the Cruz Roja. The name Mark has finally struggled
      into my mind as a likely prospect, but I need his last name and phone
      number. If you know this guy can you please, please pass it on to me?
      at dalewa@...
      Thank you
      Dale
    • jack d cook
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 27, 2001
        The Palmer School of Chiropractics alumni association indicate that there
        are two alumni practicing in Costa Rica. The Palmer school has quite a
        reputation. Does anyone know of these graduates?

      • goldengroup@racsa.co.cr
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 29, 2001
          Dale

          Suggest you call Patrick on 440 1138, if he can help he will, not
          sure
          if he is from The Palmer School, but a good Chiropractor.

          Robert
          goldengroup@... for top quality Web Design, at a very fair
          price.
        • rickmanning813
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 27 2:15 PM
            My Fellow Americans, Me and Ladybird... just kidding!

            I am new and have decided to post as I am beginning to realize
            that a lot of people really miss the type of services that they are
            accustomed to in the States.

            I have been here for just over one year and have recently opened
            a clinic in Centro Escazu, and am doing pretty well. I am the
            "results guaranteed" chiropractor who advertises in Tico Times;
            only one here or anywhere else that guarantees my services. I offer
            consultations and physicals for free, as well as expert advice on
            dieting, weight loss, etc. My specialty is working with chronic cases
            such as asthma, diabetes, heart conditons, sciatica, migraines,
            gastritis, colitis, constipation, etc.

            Stop in and say hello when you get a chance. I am in Plaza Real
            which is where Hollywood Video use to be, and which is now a cellular
            store. Also, there is the Merecumbe Dance Studio, as well as the
            music and art school.

            I love it here, the sun, the rain, the moon, the slow pace and
            the mountains. The food is great too. If you ever have any questions
            regarding your health, or the health of someone you know, contact me
            immediately and I will be happy to answer any of your questions.

            I may be reached at this e-mail address, or by tele at 228-4337
            between 10 and 12 and 2 and 7 weekdays.

            I wish all of you the best of health, take care and have fun!

            Doctor Rick, D.C.
          • michael fealy
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 31, 2004
              CRL,
              Someone recently recommended a Chiropractor. I have tried the archives with no result. Would that someone please post again?
              Thanks,
              Mike Fealy

            • Margie Davis
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 1, 2005
                Susan asked: I'm looking for a chirpractor who practices the activator technique. I
                must have someone who does non-force work and speaks English. Know anyone?

                I have used Dr. Alexander Santillan who has offices in Ciudad Colon and San Jose and even makes house calls. He was trained as a naturopath at the University of New Mexico and also studied chiropractic there. He uses an activator. You can reach him at 249-4835. Tell him Margie sent you.

                Margie Davis
                Learn to write personal essays that entertain and inform the reader - ask me when the next six-week email class begins.

              • vallarta_vicki
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 1, 2005
                  Margie turned me onto Alexander this past week & I had a session with
                  him at MY home in Pozos de Santa Ana on Fri. for JUST 8,000 colonies
                  (about $16!!!) & I was VERY PLEASED!!

                  My old chiro used to insist that I sit in a jacuzzi or get a massage
                  before seeing him as I was so tight from being on the computer for so
                  long each day. Alexander got right in & started moving things & using
                  moves I'd never had before.

                  I LOVED talking to him about food, naturpathy, homeopathy, etc.!!

                  I'm going to be doing sessions with him weekly - after my sessions
                  with my WONDERFUL Massues Maria Julio (9,000 colonies for an hour)
                  (again - at MY HOME!! This IS THE LIFE!!!).
                • Ron R
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 2, 2005
                    Vicki wrote:
                    I tip
                    10-20% depending on the level of service & how cheerful they did it!!

                    Chiropractor - Alexander Santillanfor JUST 8,000 colonies
                    (about $16!!!) & I was VERY PLEASED!!
                    ----------00000000000------------

                    I agree with you 110%, Vicki. Keep Costa Rica green, bring lots of money.
                    I am curious VV, what is considered a fair tip for a good Chiropractor??
                    Hmmmmm 15% of ¢8000 comes out to ¢1200 or $2.50.

                    It is really too bad that Costa Ricans don't agree with you because I never
                    see a Tico leave a tip no matter what kind of service they receive. IN FACT,
                    when I go out for dinner with my wife,, who is natural Costa Rican,, she
                    picks up the money I leave for a tip and puts it in her pocket telling me
                    that tipping is not a custom of Costa Rica and it is just another form of
                    corruption. ie, when in Rome?

                    best regards
                    Ron R.

                  • Rhonda
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 29, 2007
                      Does anyone have a good chiropractor in the Santa Ana area?
                    • Marlene Summers
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 29, 2007
                        --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Rhonda" <cr4lane@...> wrote:

                        > Does anyone have a good chiropractor in the Santa Ana area?

                        My recommendation is Jim McClellan off the main road going thru Santa
                        Ana and past the Red Cross. He charges 8,000 colones, is very
                        knoledgeable and also very nice. His phone numbers are:
                        Office - 282-3998 and Cell - 372-8044.
                      • Peter Aborn
                        Message 11 of 14 , Mar 25, 2009
                          Yes. Come to Shiroles Semana Santa. We have a Chiropractor from California working with us on our campo de trabajo. Seriously, I don't know if there is a colegio for medicina quiropractica. Most professions are governed by a colegio. There are a few Chiropactors in the San Jose area. Perhaps groups like the ARCR keep a list..or the embassies.

                          Peter

                          Dr. Peter Aborn
                          Proyecto Talamanca

                        • Benjamin Over
                          Message 12 of 14 , Mar 16, 2012
                            Can anyone recommend a good Chiropractor in the San Jose area?

                            Thanks.

                            Benjamin

                          • David Fogg
                            Message 13 of 14 , Mar 17, 2012
                              After trying about a half dozen incompetents and charlatans to manage my chronic scoliosis,
                              I found and am very happy with Mark Abbott, whose office is in Moravia,
                              50 meters west of the souvenir store La Rueda with 2 huge toucans on the roof,
                              telno 2236 36 85.

                              D in LY
                            • Tamborjim
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 2 3:43 PM
                                I have been going to Jim McClellan in Santa Ana for 15 years. He is very
                                good and perceptive, a thorough knowledge of the body, not a rack ���m crack
                                'em guy. His number is: 2282-3998. Jim Shaw