Re: more questions on moving

  • ceb8910
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2007
      Welcome new members, including ¨reverse¨, (I hate not having a name to
      reply to)

      While I wouldn´t have put it in the way Bruce did, he had a point.

      PLEASE go to the eboard:
      http://groups.msn.com/CRLeBoard/_whatsnew.msnw
      Spend some time reviewing information. There are sections on areas to
      live in, cost of living under FAQs, residency and legal information,
      and more. (Remember that those headings with an * have hidden further
      menus..they appear when you click on the main heading)

      Also, answers to specific questions can also be found in our archives:
      Click on ¨messages¨ on the left side of the page, and type in your
      search terms in the appropriate box that appears.

      Further, the referral to the arcr site:
      www.arcr.net was a good one. There are also good books to review. Try
      post number 57954 for suggestions, to which I would add John Howell´s
      Discover Costa Rica.

      One of the first things you may find is that you cannot work here, with
      certain very specific exceptions.

      I find members are much more willing to jump in with help if the
      questions are more specific. Nobody knows how to answer, ¨Can I afford
      it¨, or ¨Where should I live¨.. What kind of climate are you looking
      for? The microclimates here abound and change within a few hundred
      feet. Beach, mountain? Do you need to be near ¨gringo¨ type
      services? What does ¨getting by¨ mean to you.

      Happy hunting,
      Janet
    • reverse4reality
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
        Ok to be more specific of my needs for moving, I;m looking to move in
        the Central Vally area because i don't want to be next to all the
        beach's. I would like some shops and common amenity's in the general
        area. weather dosent matter to me anything is better than snow! I
        would like to cook or teach English but I heard that you can get
        bonded and insured to watch peoples houses. I'm not looking to be
        filthy rich i just want a fresh start and raise a family. I understand
        that it's not the easiest thing to do i just need some help guiding me
        there.