Google has a job opening in CR

  • digital_sheila
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2007
      Here is the link and the whole job description:
      http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/answer.py?answer=56428
      *
      * Jobs

      Costa Rica Country Consultant

      This is a temporary position. This position is located in San Jose,
      Costa Rica and will support the Central America Region.

      Google is the number one internet search engine and one of the
      most-visited sites on the internet. We are a global, NASDAQ-listed
      company [GOOG] with over 4,000 employees. We have been profitable for
      over three years. Google's mission is to organize the world's
      information and make it universally accessible and useful. We are
      looking for seasoned, savvy and energetic professionals for the role
      of Costa Rica Country Consultant.

      The Costa Rica Country Consultant will be responsible for leading
      strategic and operational initiatives that are critical to the ongoing
      growth of the company. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated
      leadership in marketing, sales or general management for an
      internet/technology company and/or management consulting, and have
      graduated at or near the top of their class from a leading graduate
      academic institution (MBA preferred). We are looking for self-starters
      who can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and
      demonstrate leadership with limited oversight. Fluency in English and
      Spanish is required.

      Responsibilities:

      * Develop and execute operational and strategic initiatives
      planning, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analysis
      and developing final recommendations.
      * Provide market and regional expertise.
      * Lead cross-functional, global efforts to drive results.
      * Promote and participate in activities aimed at increasing Google
      brand awareness and customer acquisition.
      * Work with Product Marketing and sales for each new market.
      * Clearly communicate findings from initiatives to senior
      management and to the broader organization.
      * Embody the progressive, innovative values that represent Google.

      Requirements:

      * 5 to 10 years experience in a line management role (general
      management, sales, marketing) for a high growth technology firm
      /entrepreneurial endeavor, or equivalent experience at the senior
      associate/engagement manager level at a leading consulting firm.
      * Demonstrated top quartile performance in prior roles, with
      increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
      * MBA or equivalent preferred; undergraduate degree in computer
      science, engineering or other technical field preferred.
      * Experience in the software, internet, media, or fast-paced
      technology start-up industries strongly preferred.
      * Distinctive problem solving and analytic skills, combined with
      impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with highly
      technical management team.
      * Work experience and keen understanding of the competitive
      landscape in Costa Rica required.
      * Established network of contacts.
      * Strong entrepreneurial spirit and instinct for
      revenue-generating activities.
      * Fluency in English and Spanish. Outstanding presentation skills
      in both languages.
      * Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.

      For immediate consideration, please send a text (ASCII) or HTML
      version of your resume to jobs@.... Important: The subject
      field of your email must include Costa Rica Country Consultant.