Wish List

  • costarica.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2001
      I wish that this site would not be used as a chat line, cluttering up our e-mail.
      Why don't people who have something to say to another, when it doesn't affect us all, just write them direct?
      I thought this site was for useful information about Costa Rica.  Opinions on this or that are not in that category.
    • CAVIAR5@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2001
        Just putting in my two cents here.......I have found this list and others
        that I belong to to be VERY helpful to me in planning my move here, getting
        moved and since I moved!  If something has been posted that did not interest
        me, I simply deleted it, but often times found that others comments to one
        another DID help me or give me information I might not have had otherwise.
        One of my favorite things about this country (in my short three weeks living
        here so far) is the LACK of rules and regulations placed on people and the
        freedom allowed.  I surely hope that this board and the other I go to remain
        as freely open to communication as they are now.

        Pam
      • cstrcstamyst@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 16, 2001
          HI

          Well, the weekly music schedule is up again this week, at
          http://www.edgetours.com

          LOTS to do this week, with the 11th International Music Festival this
          month, and also rock venues, latino venues, comedy, classical with the
          National Syphony Orchestra's eighth concert this week, and more.
          There's also the 15th anniversary of Discomovil, I think pretty much
          everyone who's been here a while has had to see the Discomovil at some
          time or another. I had no idea it was 15 years old!

          NIGHT SPOTS is a new section I've added this week, because there's so
          much going on in the nooks and cranies during the music festival,
          which lasts through the entire month of August.

          See you in the funny pages. :-)

          Respectfully,
          Amy
          cstrcstamyst@...
        • cstrcstamyst@netscape.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 16, 2001
            I have a wish too - a dream actually. That people will visit, and
            revisit, my fast loading and easy to use, newly
            configured Discus discussion board at http://www.edgetours.com . You
            can post the name and email you choose, very handy for people posting
            messages for other people and from other people, or for
            making anonymous postings.

            I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and
            frustrations of the moments I spend trying to
            drive Internet traffic to my bulletin board, I still have a dream. It
            is a dream deeply rooted in the Costa Rican
            dream.

            I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the
            true meaning of its creed: "No Artificial
            Ingredients."

            I have a dream that one day on the grey concrete of San Jose, people
            arriving from different parts of town will
            arrive on the same day, at an appointed time, not "manana", or three
            hours late, and sit down together at a table
            of brotherhood.

            I have a dream that one day even the peninsula of Osa, a jungle
            region, sweltering with the heat of backbacker
            hotels and oppressivley drunk locals, will be transformed into a
            dripping oasis of running hot water and basic
            electricity.

            I have a dream that our children will one day live in a Costa Rica
            where they will not be judged by the color of
            their sunburn but by the content of their noggins.

            I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill
            and mountain shall be made easily
            traversible without a small aircraft, on a smooth flawless blacktop,
            the rough places will be made plain, and the
            crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Army Corps
            of Engineers be revealed to the Ministry
            of Public Works and Transportation, and all flesh shall see it
            together.

            And if Costa Rica is to be a great nation this must become true. So
            let freedom of information exchange
            between gringos ring from the prodigious hilltops of Heredia. Let
            freedom ring from the mighty mountains of
            Cerro de la Muerte. Let freedom ring from the heightening cone of
            Arenal!

            Let freedom ring from the curvaceous peaks of Key Largo!

            But not only that; let freedom ring from the well known secret CIA
            air
            base now a popular surf destination,
            Ollies' Point!

            Let freedom ring from every rathole and every overflowing sewer of
            the
            Central Market.

            From every perspective and experience, let freedom of exchange of
            information about Costa Rica ring.

            When we let freedom of exchange of information ring, when we let it
            ring from every bulletin board and email,
            from every village and every hamlet, from every canton and every
            city,
            we will be able to speed up that day
            when all of Costa Rica's foreign born children, their families and
            loved ones, the pensionados and rentistas, the
            retired movie stars and all the former millionaires who lost it all
            their exwives (they only want to borrow
            some money for a beer), will be able to join hands and sing . . .

            "Free at last, free at last, thanks to the almighty computer and that
            fast loading and easy to use uncensored
            bulletin board at edgetours.com . . . we are free at last."

            :-) :-) Amy
            http://www.edgetours.com
            cstrcstamyst@...
          • hdframer
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 4:49 PM
              Now that I've "settled into" my new home in Guachipelin, I need
              several items. They can be new or gently used. Perhaps someone is
              moving and wants to sell, or knows where these items may be
              purchased reasonably. Any input is appreciated, Helen

              1. 15" square shelf unit, 4' high, no wheels or removable, strong
              enough to hold heavy items like canned goods.

              2. 30" wide, depth of shelves 12-24", 4' tall for storage in a
              bodega. Not flimsy but nothing special.

              3. Sofa/cama to serve as guest bed; matrimonial size. Quality
              matress. Black, brown, or maybe a deep red preferred.

              4. Interesting side table for night table and a place to put the
              books I haven't read yet.

              5. Long narrow table, interesting piece. Maybe with shelf for books
              and displays.

              6. 4 dining table chairs, walnut, curves to go with a gate leg table.

              7. 3-4 stools with backs, comfortable, maybe swivel, for kitchen bar.
              Number depends on size.

              8. Petite table and 2 chairs for small balcony that can withstand
              heavy winds.

              9. Interesting screen to hide dryer from view on patio.