A couple comments and questions

  • DollyH@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2007
      I have been a CRL lurker for over 2 years, a CR "resident tourist" since
      last July and will be a homeowner in Alajuela by (hopefully) next week (or the
      week after, considering the holidays).

      So much good advise and helpful warnings from this list have made our
      relocation nearly painless. Thank you all. The most important advise, "Wait a few
      months to a year to buy" saved us from making poor choices and made us wait
      until the right home became available. We started looking for a few acres, near
      a gringo settlement town where we could rebuild a gringo style home. Then our
      needs and wants began to change. We bought, and love, our central Alajuela
      Tico house with just a fringe of lawn in a neighborhood where we will be the
      token English-speakers. It took us 6 months to evolve and let go of old
      preconceptions. Do not rush the process!

      And, now I could use some help. We will soon need:
      a white metal, or wood (second choice) bunk bed set with mattresses
      a queen size mattress and foundation
      a 36" side by side fridge/freezer white
      a good vacuum cleaner for carpets
      a pair of Sarchi rockers

      If you have any of these sitting around unneeded, we need to talk. If you
      know where to find deals on any of these, please let us know.

      I would also like to know where to buy plain old white corn syrup...the last
      missing ingredient for a pecan pie. I haven't found it in Alajuela. Willing
      to drive.

      One last question. We will have a gardener that tends the yard, but would
      like to upgrade the whole landscape; new stone or brick patio, fountain,
      plantings, make it an outdoor room. Any recommendations for a landscape designer
      working in Alajuela?

      Thanks,
      Dolly