Recommendations for honeymooning couple

  • Harvoolio
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2007
      A good friend will be honeymooning in Costa Rica for the week of
      4/16. Does anybody have any good recommendations on
      itineraries/hotels/etc. for him?

      Thanks.
    • Jill Ruttenberg
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2007
        Not to toot our own horn, but as owners of AmaTierra Hotel we host a LOT of
        honeymooners. Our place is very romantic, with amazing views, candlelight
        dinners on the balcony, very private feeling suites.
        We have a honeymoon package that includes other hotels, in Arenal and Manuel
        Antonio.
        Please send your friends to www.amatierra.com and click on Vacation
        Packages.

        Thank you,
        Jill at AmaTierra

        _

        --
        Jill Ruttenberg, herbalist AHG
        AmaTierra Costa Rica

      • Mary and Jeff Hickcox
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2007
          The Peace Lodge up in Poas would be a gret spot for a couple of nights. Its beautiful temperate weather, volcano and waterfall gardens, not to mention the beautiful, romantic rooms make it a great spot. Like I said though probably only for 2 days, its about 1 hour from the airport!!

          Mary
          _,_._,___

          Mary
          mama to Dylan (8) Colin (3 1/2) and a little angel due 9/04/07

          "Be who you want your children to be."
          unknown

          "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
          -Dwight D. Eisenhower, U.S. general and 34th president (1890-1969)

        • Jill Ruttenberg
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 31, 2007
            EDITED TO REMOVE PIGGYBACK MESSAGE!

            check out www.amatierra.com. 1 1/2 hours from San Jose on the way to
            Santiago de Puriscal about 17K beyond on the way to Turubari Park....
          • Robbie
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1 5:16 AM
              All hotels over three stars generally offer some kind of honeymoon
              package.

              It all depends on what the couple want on a honeymoon! Manuel Antonio
              is a popular honeymoon site for folks who want to do a lot of
              activities. I am assuming that Guanacaste is the place for those who
              want to go to a lot of beaches...

              There are many secluded places in the far south, Drake's Bay and some
              hotels that are off on their own a bit.

              We would probably need to know what kind of travelers your friends are.
              Will they be looking for things to do or will they want to be alone
              far from the crowds?

              Also their budget determines a lot.

              If I wanted to be in a quiet uncrowded place I would go to somewhere
              like Villas Caletas, if I wanted to be around a lot of restaurants and
              activities I would go to Manuel Antonio. Makanda in Manuel Antonio is
              a lovely option, most rooms are more like beautiful little stylish
              houses, the place has it's own beach and the restaurant is good. SInce
              there are only about 8 or 9 rooms it feels very secluded and far away
              although it is only a few minutes from most activities in Manuel
              Antonio. It is also situated on about 13 acres, feels very private
              with so few guests. It is on the pricey side. There is also a new
              hotel in Manuel Antonio that is very pricey called Gaia, lovely spa,
              beautiful suites, 5 stars and 24 hour service, yet there are only 17
              rooms. It is VERY pricey. The restaurant is great and the spa is
              amazing.

              I haven't been to Guanacaste since I moved here over 7 years ago, so
              can't suggest much there. I live near Manuel Antonio and also own a
              hotel there so I know most of the hotels in this area.

              Good choice, right after Semana Santa! Ought to be able to be somewhat
              spontaneous and last minute!

              Best wishes,
              Robbie
            • jonana
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1 5:14 PM
                I'll admit a bias here but for honeymooners that are just arriving, the first 2-3 days (or last) should start at Vista Del Valle Plantation Inn. www.vistadelvalle.com
                Aside from the 12 acres of Botanical Gardens, there's the new Restaurant that is perched on the edge of the 500 foot cliff overlooking the Rio Grande Nature Preserve (1500 hects), that has Kinkajous (at night), Coatamundis, and a host of birds that come up to the feeders, and to entertain the guests.
                There's a great Pool and Jacuzzi, with a "Boca Bar". There's the Equestrian Center for horseback rides into the nearby plantations, and Nature Reserves with breathtaking vistas of the Central Valle and beyond. Not to forget the 53 acres with nature paths for Romantic walks, Birdwatching, and just some curious exploration.
                25 minutes away from the Airport yet it's a totally different world of Nature and Beauty (with a little bit of pampering included).
                Just my two bits of opinion,
                Johanna Bresnan