Epsom Salts

  • Skollen
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2007
      Epsom salts are available at practically any pharmacy, they're called
      "sal de Inglaterra" -- if you're asking for Epsom, people won't understand.
    • Robert Williams
      Message 2 of 8 , May 4, 2014
        On a couple of occassions I have had the need for Epsom salts to soak a foot, and have depleted my supply. I honestly do not know where one would purchase Epsom salts in Costa Rica, nor do I know what to ask for.

        Well, I am in SW Florida, and my problem of finding a supply whenever I walked into a garden center at a Lowe's. They had a seven pound bag of Epsom salts for about $6.50. Epsom salts is not only used to soak feet, but it is used on Palm trees to prevent yellowing.

        Perhaps EPA carries Epsom salts in thier garden center as well?

        Robert

      • Linda Gray
        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2014
          You can buy Epsom salts at any veterinaria or agricultural supplies store. It’s called “Sal de Inglaterra” here. You can buy a 1/2 kilo bag for less than a mil.

        • rdresslar
          Message 4 of 8 , May 5, 2014
            What you need to ask for is "Sal Engletere" and you can get it at any farmacia.

          • Steve Worrell
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5, 2014
              You can get epsom salts at the local farmacia, but they call them “Sal Inglaterra”. They are packaged by Quiflo in Escazu

              Steve

              ---

            • Sheilah Worrell
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5, 2014
                Sal inglaterra = epsom salts. You can buy them at a farmacia.

                Sheilah

              • tangney56
                Message 7 of 8 , May 6, 2014
                  Could anyone please direct me to a Chinese Pharmacy/pharmacist in San Jose.

                  I have heard numerous times about a DR. ? but don't recall where.

                  I am not interested in the many macrobiotica store

                  Many thanks

                • costacoffee2
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 7, 2014
                    We purchased some this morning and it cost 400 col for 1 kilo! AKA 'Sulfato de magnesio'.