Kentucky birth certificate and CR residency application

  • David Lovelady
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
      Have any of you all obtained CR residency with a Kentucky birth
      certificate among your documents? The CR consulate in Houston told me
      they will not touch a Kentucky birth certificate; I must take it to
      the CR consulate in New Orleans. My question is this: Since the birth
      certificate is a state document, as opposed to a city or county
      document, and has a nice little seal on it, will New Orleans accept it
      as is, or do I need additional layers of seals, stamps, and approvals
      first?

      Thanks,

      David
    • abroadincr
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2006
        Hi David,
        I was born in Lexington. Different consulates handle different parts
        of the country. My KY original birth certificate had to be sent to the
        KY secty of state, then to the New Orleans consulate, then here. I
        think that's how it went. But there was no CR consulate in KY... Jorge
        at ARCR helped me with everything - they have been great. Good luck.
        Sara T.