Moving to CR

  • onboard@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 60 , Jul 3, 2001
      Hi-

      My husband and I are television editors & producers and are moving to CR within 6 months. We will be looking to rent a home in
      the mountain areas above San Jose until we decide exactly where we wish to buy property. We will be semi-retired but would like
      to help the country by producing ecological documentaries which raise awareness worldwide to the threat to the rain forests.

      We have been trying to investigate how to bring out editing & camera equipment into the country, but as of now, we haven't been
      able to find an exception to the customs rules that would allow us to bring our equipment with us without paying extremely high
      customs duties. Does anyone have a suggestion?

      Wendy & Tom
    • ifgetting
      Message 60 of 60 , Apr 9 5:43 AM
        Hi, I did not see that story but another proposal was reported recently to limit all motos to one rider only due to criminals using second riders to execute murders, which happens rarely here but honduras and elsewhere around central am quite a lot. It was not furthered but the decree history of the govt makes for legit concern at times. I nearly panicked recently when a newspaper reported govt decree was adding a 5-15% tax on all intl bank transfers, just 2 days later!! The bank knew nothing and It faded as a story after that time. But if it was added the tax was against cafta regulations. I believe the press here is reckless at times, mainly it fails to report any depth generally.