Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Arenal

  • Liz 'n Tony
    Message 1 of 44 , Jul 2, 2001
      Hi All,

      We stayed at the Hotel de Montagna (Or something like that) Just up the
      road from Tabacon. Lovely 'cabin' with uninterrupted view of the Volcano.

      I'm the one mentioned inJoses post who had her purse stolen at Tabacon
      Lodge. The management acted as though this sort of thing happens every day.
      Most uninterested.

      Enjoy,

      Liz
      Message 44 of 44 , Apr 6, 2011
        We were there in Dec/Jan. Stayed at the observatory lodge. There was no sound and no rocks rolling down the side( tephra). For the brief moments the summit was visible you could have convinced yourself it was smoking but it was hard to tell.

        I inquired at the Volcano Observatory Lodge reception desk and was told there has been no activity in months. I vaguely recall them saying Nov 2010 was the last activity, but it may have been even longer. We also asked at the new private park out near the road and they confirmed that there was no activity.

        Ed