Requests

  • Hans & Elena Austermuhle
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
      I too am interested in the "bamboo furniture man"....Jose? Jose? are you there??? Thanks for the information...
      And...I hope not too many people are going to hate me...but PLEASE, PLEASE could everybody stop using the "reply" button, causing  a far too long msg to be sent on, containing every msg and every reply to this msg plus headings and endings and so on? Look at what Willy does...he "snips" the parts of the msg that are relevant to his response...thanks Willy and anybody else who does likewise....
      Have a non-reply day!
      Elena Austermuhle
      "THE LITERATE CAT"
      Heredia, Costa Rica
    • Mike and Jo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2001
        Dear Hans & Elena,
        That's a great tip.  ; )  I will delete all the unnecessary stuff from now on.
        Thanks,
        Jo
        To Haymo,
        While I mentioned the word commission in my note I do hope that you all
        saw that I don't (never did) advocate the "kickback/commission" custom.
        I agree with you, It just ends up jacking up prices.
        Like I mentioned in my note:
        I think It makes more sense to just refer guests somewhere only when
        the place is appropriate, depending on the needs of the guest (or friends).
        Jo (Johanna Bresnan)

      • ranchos@racsa.co.cr
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1 6:09 AM
          Hi Elena:

          Sent the info already, let me know if I can help more.

          Thanks for the nice recommendations to Leslie Mathenyabout my place.

          Cheers,

          Jose

          Thought for the day:

          Isn't making a smoking section in a restaurant like making a peeing section
          in a swimming pool?

          <http://www.villajosebandb.homestead.com>
          Bed and Breakfast in Alajuela, Costa Rica
          Phone number and fax: (506) 443-9576

          Best viewed with Internet Explorer

          If you have trouble sending to this (ranchos@...) address,
          my mailbox may be full, so try:

          josepelleya@...
        • Hans & Elena Austermuhle
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1 9:56 AM
            -Hi all!  Stacey, your request is unusual, but hey....My question is: are you looking for precious hardwoods only? Because I have plenty of fallen branches, tree stumps etc, from when the gardener trims the trees, but it's softwood ("poro"). And, how would you take the stuff out of the garden? Meaning, how much stuff are we talking about? I'd be glad to let you rummage and carry off any amount of branches, twigs etc etc.
            Are you building a house of twigs? Remeber the three little piglets and the big bad woolf...  (grin  :-)
            Jose, thanks for the bamboo address.
            And, where is Arenal Paresio? If anyone recommends a place, it would be nice to know where it's located...the Arenal area is big!
            And...to the question "to reply or not to reply"....the answer is still  NO, PLEASE!!!!!

            Have a good Sunday,
            Elena
            San Isidro de Heredia, Costa Rica

            -- Stacey <stacey@...> wrote:
            > Hi all,
            >
            > I have a (strange?) request....
            >
            > Does anyone have a wooded property that they would
            > allow me
            > to 'rummage' around in for fallen branches, tree
            > stumps, twigs,
            etc?
            > I can offer to pay a resonable sum for these
            > 'stuffs', or
            trade off
            > some odd job....maybe you'd even just appreciate me

            taking them off