Auto Mercado

  • marcus collier
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2006
      Those that shop at Auto Mercado should be sure
      to get their Auto Frecuente Club card.
      Members get a small rebate every 3 months or so
      and discounts at many stores and restaurants.
      The discount is 15% at Don Wang. Continental was
      giving a 10% discount but they dropped out this year.
      Marcus

    • marcus collier
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 8, 2007
        Some years ago Auto Mercado was the only place
        I could find canned tomatoes to make meat loaf
        They now have 9 brands of tomatoes. As a rule their
        prices are a bit higher but more selections and no crowds.
        I bought Swanson's chicken broth at the end of December
        and used it to cook black eyed peas for good luck on
        New Years Day. That is a custom in Texas and other
        Southern States. In 2005 I could not find the black eyed
        peas here in CR. Last December I brought some from
        Texas. Maybe I will have good luck this year and no more
        operations. I had two in 2006.

      • marcus collier
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 28, 2007
          I buy almost all my groceries at Auto Mercado.
          Their prices may be a little more but not 30% or 40%.
          It may as little as 5%.
          Some of their prices are the same as HyperMas.
          No crowds, music and items not available elsewhere.
          La Nacion checked all the major stores and found that
          Megasuper had the lowest prices but that was several
          years ago.

        • marcus collier
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2010
            Today, I took "la preciosa" to San Jose to pick up a package.
            Since we were close to the Texas BBQ we had lunch there.
            The owner lived in Texas and has good BBQ. Only $10 US$
            for both of us.

            After lunch we went to Auto Mercado on Lindora road and
            bought items we don't find in other stores.
            At the counter where bacon is sold there were some really
            expensive hams for 38,000 per kilo and cheese for 25,000 per
            killo.

            After seeing those prices, I am pleased with the prices ofTico ham and cheese.
            Marcus

          • marcus collier
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6 12:25 PM
              Today, I bought some things at Auto Mercado that
              are not available in most places.

              Some cereals are almost 5,000 a box.
              A roasted chicken was 5,500 but they are 3,000
              at Hipermas.

              I like to shop Auto Mercado but I am doing less as time
              passes.
              Marcus