Herbal medicine Chat

  • Jill Ruttenberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2006
      Greetings! I would like to introduce myself as a new member here in
      Costa Rica.
      My name is Jill Ruttenberg; I am from Tucson Arizona and I own and
      operate a small hotel called AmaTierra in San Pablo de Turrubares,
      about 1.25 hr west of San Jose (see www.amatierra.com for more info)

      I am a professional clinical herbalist registered with the American
      Herbalists Guild, and I have come to Costa Rica to create a wellness
      retreat. I have had the privelege of working and studying with some
      very accomplished people in the field of alternative medicine,
      including Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Michael Tierra.

      I am ready, willing and able to help any and all people who might want
      information on nutrition and herbal medicine, and I am happy to answer
      questions on this forum, as much as my time will allow.
      I work with Traditional Chinese Medicinal herbs, European/Western
      herbs and some ayurvedic herbs, in powder, pill, tincture and tea
      form. I am excited about learning more about the local herbs here in
      Costa Rica and growing them on our 3 hectares here.

      Our wellness center will eventually feature state of the art
      complementary therapies such as acupuncture, biofeedback, sound
      therapy and many types of bodywork. I have been a massage therapist
      (Shiatsu, Swedish and abdominal Qi massage) for 20 years. I am also a
      certified Hatha yoga instructor and we offer yoga here as well.
      We're open to individuals and group retreats to fill our 10 rooms, and
      we have wonderful, healthy food here as well.

      Thank you for including me in this yahoo group. I look forward to
      getting to know you and to becoming part of the Costa Rica "virtual"
      community.

      Jill Ruttenberg
      www.amatierra.com