Cherokee owners manual

  • Brett Halsey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
      I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee with a 4L, 6 cylinder engine, and automatic
      transmission. What I don't have is an English language owner's
      manual. Does anyone out there have one I can buy, or photocopy?

      Thanks,
      Brett
    • CAVIAR5@AOL.COM
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
        Hi Brett,

        Here is the Jeep website...you can probably email them and request one!

        http://www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/

        Pam
      • Brett Halsey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
          Hi Pam.
          I tried the Jeep Cherokee website that you suggested. They list owners
          manuals back to 1990, plus, they only ship to the U.S. Any other ideas?
          Brett

          At 07:23 PM 6/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
          >www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/
        • Dave Shade
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
            Hi Brett;
            My name is Dave, if your wanting a manual to work on your own car I would suggest contacting Hans & Elena Austermuhle at The Literate Cat, I remember them telling me that they bring in books for people, and that books are tax free. I would get them to order a Haynes Repair Manual from the states. They cost about $ 15.00 and are pretty good for general repairs, from engine overhaul to replacing fuses, with a lot of photos and are in plane English. Good Luck; Dave Shade
          • S. Phillippe
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
              Try the Chiltons auto manuals site Jeep Cherokee 84-96 #8143 8.95 Good
              luck
              Steve Phillippe
              > I tried the Jeep Cherokee website that you suggested. They list owners
              > manuals back to 1990, plus, they only ship to the U.S. Any other ideas?
              > Brett
              >
              > At 07:23 PM 6/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
              > >www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/
              >

              > To access our Corkboard click on: http://www.costarica.eboard.com
              >
              > Addresses:
              > Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
              > Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

            • Dave Shade
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
                Hi Brett,

                May I suggest that someone, who is on the list, offer to bring a manual from the States for you...if they would? If not, I have a friend who will be coming around the 16th of this month. I would be glad to have her bring one for you, if that would be soon enough? Dave forgot that we were having someone from the US visiting.

                Regards,
                Fran
              • Brett Halsey
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2001
                  Hi Fran,
                  Thanks for the suggestion.  A manual is arriving from the States on Tuesday.  Hooray for CostaRicaLiving!
                  Regards,
                  Brett
                • Dave Shade
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 3, 2001
                    Hi Brett,
                    Ask and you will receive.
                    Regards,
                    Fran
                  • Bill Procter
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 1, 2001
                      Our July meeting will be held on Monday, July 2nd at 10AM at our meeting
                      place on Rohrmoser Blvd. The meeting starts promptly at 10AM and we advise
                      people to come early as seating is limited. If you come before 9:45 AM you
                      may receive a special gift. The meetings are open to visitors and residents
                      alike and will be held in English but you may bring your own translator. The
                      Investment Club studies investment opportunities for investment in Central
                      and South America. No US investments are covered since there is enough
                      information available. Many new people don't realize the high interest
                      investments available in this area some of which our members have held for
                      many years. Please call 290-3671 or 220-0714 for directions, information,or
                      to make reservations. There are no fees, membership dues, etc. Bill Procter