Cherokee owners manual

  • Brett Halsey
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
      I have a 1988 Jeep Cherokee with a 4L, 6 cylinder engine, and automatic
      transmission. What I don't have is an English language owner's
      manual. Does anyone out there have one I can buy, or photocopy?

      Thanks,
      Brett
    • ticawcp@amnet.co.cr
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
        The Investment Club of Costa Rica will hold our June Meeting at 10AM
        on this Monday, June 4th, 2001. The meeting will be held at the TICA
        Headquarters on Rohrmoser Blvd. Pleas call 290-3671 or 220-0714 for
        directions, information, and to reserve a seat since space is
        limited. Coffee and store-bought cookies will be provided by the host
        but other refreshments are welcome. The meeting will discuss several
        high-interest(high-risk) investments (We don't discuss US investments
        since their risks are usually too high or too-low). There was a
        special meeting held last month with George Sprague of Global
        Investments in his office at Sabana Sur and this meeting will be
        discussed. ARCR will make a short presentation also. If you have any
        suggestions for future speakers or topics, there will be time
        available in the program. Any investor in Costa Rica is invited on a
        space available and pre-registration basis. There is a bonus for
        those that arrive between 9:30 and 9:50AM. The meeting is conducted
        in English with pauses for translation as needed. There is no fee to
        attend.
      • CAVIAR5@AOL.COM
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
          Hi Brett,

          Here is the Jeep website...you can probably email them and request one!

          http://www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/

          Pam
        • Brett Halsey
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
            Hi Pam.
            I tried the Jeep Cherokee website that you suggested. They list owners
            manuals back to 1990, plus, they only ship to the U.S. Any other ideas?
            Brett

            At 07:23 PM 6/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
            >www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/
          • Dave Shade
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
              Hi Brett;
              My name is Dave, if your wanting a manual to work on your own car I would suggest contacting Hans & Elena Austermuhle at The Literate Cat, I remember them telling me that they bring in books for people, and that books are tax free. I would get them to order a Haynes Repair Manual from the states. They cost about $ 15.00 and are pretty good for general repairs, from engine overhaul to replacing fuses, with a lot of photos and are in plane English. Good Luck; Dave Shade
            • S. Phillippe
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
                Try the Chiltons auto manuals site Jeep Cherokee 84-96 #8143 8.95 Good
                luck
                Steve Phillippe
                > I tried the Jeep Cherokee website that you suggested. They list owners
                > manuals back to 1990, plus, they only ship to the U.S. Any other ideas?
                > Brett
                >
                > At 07:23 PM 6/2/01 -0400, you wrote:
                > >www.jeepunpaved.com/cherokee/
                >

                > To access our Corkboard click on: http://www.costarica.eboard.com
                >
                > Addresses:
                > Post message: CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com
                > Subscribe: CostaRicaLiving-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > COSTA RICA LIVING...PURA VIDA!

              • Dave Shade
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 2, 2001
                  Hi Brett,

                  May I suggest that someone, who is on the list, offer to bring a manual from the States for you...if they would? If not, I have a friend who will be coming around the 16th of this month. I would be glad to have her bring one for you, if that would be soon enough? Dave forgot that we were having someone from the US visiting.

                  Regards,
                  Fran
                • Brett Halsey
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 3, 2001
                    Hi Fran,
                    Thanks for the suggestion.  A manual is arriving from the States on Tuesday.  Hooray for CostaRicaLiving!
                    Regards,
                    Brett
                  • Dave Shade
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2001
                      Hi Brett,
                      Ask and you will receive.
                      Regards,
                      Fran
                    • Bill Procter
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 1 1:11 PM
                        Our July meeting will be held on Monday, July 2nd at 10AM at our meeting
                        place on Rohrmoser Blvd. The meeting starts promptly at 10AM and we advise
                        people to come early as seating is limited. If you come before 9:45 AM you
                        may receive a special gift. The meetings are open to visitors and residents
                        alike and will be held in English but you may bring your own translator. The
                        Investment Club studies investment opportunities for investment in Central
                        and South America. No US investments are covered since there is enough
                        information available. Many new people don't realize the high interest
                        investments available in this area some of which our members have held for
                        many years. Please call 290-3671 or 220-0714 for directions, information,or
                        to make reservations. There are no fees, membership dues, etc. Bill Procter