- To those who are looking for a relaible rental car place, you might
want to try orbitcostarica.com. I've rented through them many times,
never a problem.
- I have rented cars in New York and Ontario using the only drivers license I have, my Costa Rican. No problem for me, altho I don't look my age!
We don't know what the future holds,
but we know who holds the future!
Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail. Click on Options in Mail and switch to New Mail today or register for free at http://mail.yahoo.ca
- We've got friends coming (on a somewhat limited budget) , and it's an age since we've had to rent a car. Any recommendations for car rental companies (or any to avoid?). thanks
- My friends just rented from Best Car Rentals in Costa Rica located in Pavas & WOW!! GRINGO-STYLE Customer Service, good prices & NO hidden fees (a BIG COMPLAINT!!) & FREE pickup & deliver (in select areas)!!!
Juan Luis the manager speaks GOOD English!!
(8-810-2460 / 1-800-580-3691-US/Canada)
- I just rented from 4by4 car rental (4x4rentacar.com) and was very
happy--no hidden anything and if you plan on visiting southern pacific
area , which is the area I know, then a real 4by4 is a most. These
folks were great--met me at airport--2wks later I returned it to the
airport--no problem --I will go w/them next time I need to rent. Ellen
- I have used Vamos car rental several times with no problems. They are located just east of the airport and will meet you with a shuttle if you wish. Last time they were out of the midsized SUV I had reserved and upgraded me to a diesel Montero at the same peice.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- im trying to decide between poas and mapache car rentals. i know that none are perfect as i have rented from 4 different places. any recommendations will be appreciated. contact me either on or off line as i know you cant really say what you want if its bad online.... thanks for your help.... i cant wait till im staying in costa rica long enough to buy a suv and not have to rent... i have had rentals not have the car i reserved. i have had those that are scary to drive. my favorite is the ac breaking down and which could not be fixed and the rental company good enough to deliver a suv the next day 4 hours away from their location.. i was so happy... except it was delivered with a flat tire. so off i go to get the spare put on which also was flat. so i spent the whole day f$#5*ing with the car. anyway... whatever you can do for me will be greatly appreciated
--- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Craig" <rascal1q@...> wrote:
> im trying to decide between poas and mapache car rentals.
I'm sure many differ by location and phase of the moon, but I've always had great
luck with Tri-color. I've swapped out cars without hassle, I've brought back cars
broken and battered (I usually re-welded back on any pieces that I broke off) and
only once did I encounter a problem with a car not having a jack when I needed it.
That one time, the girls with us flashed a bit of leg on the highway and within
minutes we had enough "helpers" to lift up the car by hand while another put the
spare tire on... ;-)
That being said, I'm neutral on the volcano agency you mention and know of a time
when someone had to contest charges put on their credit card by the varmit agency
because they had the gall to fix a flat tire... Perhaps it was just a bad phase of the
moon for varmits?
As you probably already know, be sure to check the spare tire and for a jack, etc.
and take pictures of the car before you leave the agency parking lot.
- Also, when you rent the car make sure they quote with basic insurance - also ask them to commit to the year of the car you are renting. Some agencies will do it, others refuse.