Tourist visa game, playing it with return tickets

  • Joquin Brant
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi experts. We are fed up with Immigracion (now they claim we never paid our REsidency deposits and must pay it again) and are considering renouncing our residency and going back to 3-day trips every 3 months.

      Does anyone know (since to come back here as a tourist, you need an outward bound ticket) if there does exist the following thing: an airline ticket, full-fare or wuddevuh that you can change repeatedly with absolutely no fee, multa, penalty, or kick in the teeth.

      I know a lot of people are the playing the 3-month game, so among you there is at least one person who has worked this out to perfection.

    • Jessica
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2006
        We're actually applying for residency now, so I'm not sure how this
        would play out every 3 months. However, it worked for me on a 1-time
        basis:

        I usually fly Martinair from Orlando to SJO (they also fly Miami to
        SJO) & when I needed to change my ticket's departure date from the USA
        to SJO to earlier, they allowed me to do so with no charge at all. I
        think it might be worth giving them a call (1-800-MARTINA) to find out
        their policy.

        Any other airline I've flown to Costa Rica has stipulated a steep
        charge for changing tickets once purchased.

        Good luck -
        Jessica