Tourist visa game, playing it with return tickets

  • Joquin Brant
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1 9:16 PM
      Hi experts. We are fed up with Immigracion (now they claim we never paid our REsidency deposits and must pay it again) and are considering renouncing our residency and going back to 3-day trips every 3 months.

      Does anyone know (since to come back here as a tourist, you need an outward bound ticket) if there does exist the following thing: an airline ticket, full-fare or wuddevuh that you can change repeatedly with absolutely no fee, multa, penalty, or kick in the teeth.

      I know a lot of people are the playing the 3-month game, so among you there is at least one person who has worked this out to perfection.

    • Jessica
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2 6:51 AM
        We're actually applying for residency now, so I'm not sure how this
        would play out every 3 months. However, it worked for me on a 1-time
        basis:

        I usually fly Martinair from Orlando to SJO (they also fly Miami to
        SJO) & when I needed to change my ticket's departure date from the USA
        to SJO to earlier, they allowed me to do so with no charge at all. I
        think it might be worth giving them a call (1-800-MARTINA) to find out
        their policy.

        Any other airline I've flown to Costa Rica has stipulated a steep
        charge for changing tickets once purchased.

        Good luck -
        Jessica