Yamuni has consistent low prices

  • alexandra lancaster
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
      At least, the times I have visited there. A huge variety of houseware stuff, some found no place else. The upholstery materials are abundant, attractive, and surprisingly cheap, for the quality. I bet you can get a well priced rug there. A big pile of cheap and no so cheap rugs, piled like a pastry of many layers, can be found at the Cemaco in Pavas. I myself am looking for some sisal or woven straw rugs or mats, these make a quickie carpet and when your cat tears them all up, you throw them away and start again. Cheep. Notice, you home builders, that Cemaco's chandelier prices can nearly not be beat, for the classiness of the lamp. We bought about 8 of them when we built the home in San Isidro...they look like they cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars...little French shades, marble sconce things but in good taste not too SpanishGothic, for under $100.
      I got off on a tangent from rugs para Amy to rugs. Oh digression thy name is woman.

      Alexandra Lancaster
      The Wright Group Real Estate
    • Charlene
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
        You could check at the Aliss store opposite the Multi Plaza Este mall in Zapote. The last time that I was there, they had some great sisal rugs and other types too.
        I especially like their ethnic furniture that adds a nice touch to a room for not much money.

      • vallarta_vicki
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2006
          I TOTALLY 2nd that about Alyiss!! My FAVORITE store in CR!!! I was
          just there last weekend & for the first time didn't buy anything
          (yikes - am I letting go of my need to have the latest/fun thing -
          Goddess Forbid!?!?!?)

          The same day I went to a HiperMas & I'm thinking that foggy memory
          might have seen some rugs also. Now those should be pretty darn cheap
          (of course that means quality also but . . . )