The frog less...and the toilet less?

  • Janet Blakeley
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      And Sharon pegs this one.
      Or does Ethan get the points?
      Hmmm,
      Well, whatever, that is correct. It is in front of the church in Puriscal.
      Now, can anyone name the frog? (Just kidding)

      The new photo is up. I doubt anyone will guess this one, but it was too much fun not to use. It´s from Ulla de Mora, and it titled ¨The Toilet¨.
      Good luck,
      Janet

    • Paul Mitchell
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        Congrats to Sharon for her rare rana recognition!

        --- Janet Blakeley <courtney@...> wrote:

        > [snip] I doubt anyone will guess this one, but ... It´s
        > from Ulla de Mora, and it titled ¨The Toilet¨. [snip]

        ~^~^~
        I haven't a clue where it is, but I bet it runs on methane...

        And talk about 'back to nature'!!

        Cheers!

        Paul M.
        ==
      • Alajuelanorth
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          This photo reminds me of a tour Robbie took us on to a school near
          Parrita - this visit proved a subsequent inspiration for ways we can
          all help our local schools.

          Behind this school is a squatter colony which had a nasty habit of
          sinking below the water level during the rainy season. The colony
          sends their kids to this school. It was interesting to see the
          various evolutions of squatting - this photo (I have no idea where it
          was taken BTW) shows one of the earliest evolutions of squatting
          (plastic sheeting walls) married to a modern commode with who knows
          what attached to what going where.

          Robbie's efforts to educate this stupid gringo yielded some results
          that day. One of which is the understanding that a little goes a long
          way with kids in troubled circumstances. Another was the
          understanding of why squatting can make some sense in some situations.
          Berni
        • Thomas G. Stafford
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
            "Now, can anyone name the frog? "

            For me, all frogs are named Kermit.

            Tom S. de Rancho Lobo
            ps: "It ain´t easy being Green." tgs

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Thomas G. Stafford
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
                -- "Thomas G. Stafford" <tgstaff07@...> wrote:

                > "Now, can anyone name the frog? "
                >
                > For me, all frogs are named Kermit.

                ~^~^~
                Hola don Tomás,

                That frog's known as

                Rana concreta var. pintada fma. virido-flava

                and it's a hard species to find...

                ¡Pura Poikilotermica!

                Paul M.
                ==