Re: [CostaRicaLiving] Tabacon or Baldi Hot Springs

  • Rayburn Corder
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      All I can say is that you get what you pay for. Your choice.

      Jon Linn <jonlinn@...> wrote: Has anyone visited both Tabacon and Baldi Hot Springs at Arenal?
    • dritterdna
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        We went to Baldi two years ago, and found it to be very nice. Never been to Tabacon, so I
        can't compare the two.

        Donna
      • Fred Morgan
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
          Rayburn,

          Normally I would agree, but the very best places I have visited in Costa
          Rica are completely, 100 percent FREE!

          There is also a completely new hot springs - very reasonable price, but
          by appointment only. Less than Tabacon, but much more private. Perhaps
          someone has been to see them? We had visitors tell us about them.

          There are completely free hot springs in the area - I don't know where
          they are, but the locals do.

          There is a new path I have found going up into Juan Castro Blanco called
          "Sendero del Nispero". It looks well maintained. I am hoping to hike it
          today. It should be interesting...

          Fred
        • Silvia Hidalgo
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
            Re. Tabacon and Baldi, I belive both are really nice. I have never been to Balñdi, but had friends from Holland visit hte place and they ended going there two more times. I hear is very very nice.
            Across from Baldi is the very private place Fred refers to, it is called ECOTERMALES, 479-8484 or 383-2774. and it is indeed by reservation, they have schedules for people to come in, and you have to say if you will eat there or not, if you don't reserve for food, yuo cannot eat there and can only have drinks. They make very nice fruit juices.
            Took friends from Australia there and they said it was as nice as a place in Fiji Islands. So it must be very nice.

            I also recomend Hotel La Pradera and their ATV tour. The view of the Volcano from their pool is impressive. what we ticos do is go to a Hotel and for a small fee we spend the day at the pool, then we have lunch and drinks at their restaurant.
            Silvia in San Carlos