RE: [CostaRicaLiving] Re: Snakes...again

  • bobsgl@adelphia.net
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2006
      EDITED TO REMOVE PIGGYBACKED MESSAGE. Please DELETE prior message before submitting. Thanks.

      Hi,

      I am planning to become a Pensionado later this year and have joined CRL for that purpose.

      I have noticed several exchanges concerning snakes in CR which interest me as I have been a hobbyist and amateur herpatologist since I was a teenager. I would like to know if there are any such clubs or organizations in CR. I would also like to get correspondence from anyone in CR who also has such interests.

      Regards,

      Bob Siegel
    • Paul Mitchell
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1, 2006
        --- bobsgl@a... wrote:

        > [snip] I would like to know if there are any
        such clubs or organizations in CR.

        ~^~^~^~
        Hi again Bob,

        There are several serpentaria in CR. There's one in
        San José and another west of SJ -on the way to Grecia,
        I think. You will be able to get directions to them
        easily after you are in CR.

        There are also at least a few people on this list
        who seem to have an interest in snakes -or at
        least in the fauna of CR. Perhaps they will respond
        here to you.

        Also, take a look in the 'photos' link on the left-hand
        sidebar on the main page for the group online. Once
        there check out Berni's Bugs where he has posted
        a lot of nature pix, including, I think, a couple of snakes.

        There are IIRC one or two other snake photos among
        the other albums there.

        Hope this helps...

        Paul M.
        [ six weeks and counting 'til VT time... ]
        ==
      • bobsgl@adelphia.net
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1, 2006
          Hi Paul,

          We are connecting with each other. Thanks for the information on snakes. I am actually interested in all types of tropical fauna in addition to snakes. Thanks for your help.

          I have emailed the Vida Tropical about my reservations using you as a having recommended it to me. I hope that's OK with you. If not available, can you recommend any other low priced B&B I can use as a central post while I scout out the various towns as I have previously explained.

          Thanks again.

          Best regards,

          Bob Siegel