Re: Lunch Thursday? Thurs. FEBRUARY 2???

  • Lair
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2006
      I wrote "... March 2 (that's the day after tomorrow for those of you
      who are calendarily challenged ...

      And <VallartaVicki@a...> wrote: You mean FEBRUARY 2 - si????

      Yes, I did indeed mean February 2. But hey, I toldja I was calendarily
      challenged!

      (Anyone coming to lunch on Feb. 2 at Cafe Mundo who also happens to
      have an extra calendar laying around, well, I, er, uh, know someone
      who could sure use one!)
    • Paul Mitchell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2006
        Hi Lair & other CRLer Lunch Attendees...

        How was your first 'feeding forray' last Thursday?

        I like the idea of a monthly (or however often) visits to
        a restaurant, but woulddn't it be great if those who went
        would post a few impressions of the the restaurant and the
        meal, prices, etc.?

        We could all learn from this and these observations could
        even be collected (and dated) in the Archives.

        This may be a better idea than not. Since AM Costa Rica has
        discontinued the restaurant reviews by Dr. Lenny Karpman, it
        throws the door open, leaving a void to fill.

        If the CRL Lunch Bunch tries out places I (or other CRLers)
        have not heard of and report on them as objectively as is
        possible, that would give the rest of us the means to decide
        whether a trip to the visited eateries might be worthwhile or
        not. Actually, it sounds like everyone could benefit from
        this group's dining out experiences.

        Once I get there permanently I would hope to hitch up with
        this group for further culinary explorations.

        Cheers!

        Paul M.
        [drying out in Tampa after 10" of rain in one day!!!]
        ==
      • Jacqueline Mackie Paisley Passey
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2006
          --- In CostaRicaLiving@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Mitchell"
          <StanHopi@...> wrote:

          > Since AM Costa Rica has
          > discontinued the restaurant reviews by Dr. Lenny Karpman, it
          > throws the door open, leaving a void to fill.

          Tim Lytle recently started a forum for posting restaurant reviews.
          Everyone is encouraged to use it and add to it:

          http://eating.therealcostarica.com/

          Jacqueline Passey
          Check out my blog! http://jacquelinepassey.blogs.com/
          Topics: Blogs & Blogging - Books - Food & Drink - Gambling -
          Geekiness - Love, Sex, & Attraction - Politics, Economics, &
          Society - Travel - ... and my life.